My Legacy PC (idek what to call it)

So I’ve been quiet for the past few months, but I have a good reason. I got a job, and with that ca-ching I built myself a new computer. I don’t have a name for it yet, but honestly, do you expect me to built a new computer and NOT add glitter? Well I did just that.

Introducing my new build:

Specs:

CPU: i7 8700
GPU: 1080
Memory: 16GB
500GB SSD
4TB HHD

= $2000

Other details:

The Emet face does glow in the dark, however I cannot pick it up with my camera. I also have 2 vents that are also glow in the dark. It’s stuning, but you’ll just have to take my word for it :frowning_face:

The case is indeed glitter, which means my whole house is a treasure trove of glitter. ITS EVERYWHERE. Not complaining, but my folks are since I had to move back with them.

Then 1 other problem is that the power button on my case won’t turn it on, so I have to use the power button on my motherboard to turn it on, which means I’ll have to keep my PC on indefinitely in sleep mode because the power button my my motherboard boots to the BIOS, and I have to manually click my SSD to launch windows.

Then I have yet to take the RGB pictures or even my setup, because I need to move my files off of my current system before I can switch out my PCs, and give my younger sister my current PC. After I do that (hopefully tomorrow) I should be able to take pics of my setup and it with the RGB.

Honestly,

I can’t thank TRS enough for inspiring me. At this point nothing in the world scares me except beating “Thank You TRS” into a cliche. Evolve has been thee biggest highlight of my life, and no matter what I will never feel like I could possibly give back what you all at TRS gave me.

The community too, since I can’t really name one person who has had a negative impact (other than that Ant guy, if I remember correctly lmao).

I would not be here, where I am today, if it wasn’t for Evolve.

14 Likes

This is all levels of terrifying and yet amazing at the same time…but why oh why Emet?

3 Likes

Because Emet is my bae.

3 Likes

I’m aware…and yet, I still must ask. Emet will live in my nightmares forever I think.

3 Likes

Na dude, hes forever in my heart and dreams.

1 Like

I kinda want to know how you managed, or what substance you use, to apply all of that glitter onto a smooth surface. Did you file down the chassis first to give it some tooth? Did you use some strong ridiculous industrial glue while pouring it all on? Do you enjoy the fact that you’ll never be able to NOT have glitter all over the house and yourself while you own this rig?

2 Likes

So I started by getting spray paint, and painting the entire case. I originally was just going to have the glitter stick to the paint, but I had problems with the paint cans, and so I switched to glue. I believe it was mod podge since my mom had 3 bottles unopened.

After I put glue gown, I sprinkled glitter on top. Once it dried, I used lot of layers of a clear coat to keep it stuck down, and keep it from flakeing off if the wind blew.

As for glitter everywhere, it’s mostly in places where my case or I have been. Just today, while I was getting ready for work I had some on my face lmao.

But it was worth it.

3 Likes

Stop kissing Emet!

3 Likes

Holy shit, this is epic!

2 Likes

That PC is every bit as fabulous as I imagined it would be. Although the glitter would definitely drive me crazy. :smile:

Nice job man. :+1:

5 Likes

Gotta tag @Lindz because I think she was the person trying to make the glitter skin work.

4 Likes

I love that glitter dude. I wish I had that. Buy me one lol?

2 Likes

It would be epic if the emet face was the angry one.
With red glowing LED…

5 Likes

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life

4 Likes

But will she reply? That’s the quetion.
Also, very nice work on your tower. Is it a new computer?

3 Likes

Yeah he recently got it.

3 Likes

Well the face does glow in the dark, but unfortunately I can’t take a pic that captures it.

2 Likes

I wish my computer was anywhere near this fabulous!

2 Likes

Welp, you now awakened my desire to make a Kala-themed PC.

Did you glitter-fy an existing case, modded some stuff, or build the entire case on your own? Because this is amn impressive :clap:

3 Likes

I took a NZXT 500 case, and painted/glittered it.

Not a bad case, and I only have a few very minor complaints about it. For one, the power button doesn’t turn it on, so I have it in a constant state of sleep, and the radiator plate that unscrewed from inside the case is a VERY tight fit for my Floe Riing water cooling.

1 Like