Been playing Evolve since a day or 2, but yesterday it just won’t seem to get past the ‘preparing to launch evolve…’ steam message. I googled it myself and I see lots of people having a similar problem - here is a list what I have tried:
- Restarting steam
- Rebooting my computer
- Verifying cache files
- Run as admin
- Using dependency walker to look for missing DLL files(using this guide Preparing to launch Evolve... Then nothing! [SOLVED]) : after adding all missing/corrupted DLL files the program still said there was an error when launching as followed; Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module. Error: Modules with different CPU types were found. Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
- Removed and reinstalled DX11 and C++
- Reinstalled the entire game
- Unplugged and replugged my powercable (someone suggested it, I don’t know why i even tried)
- Quit all other background programs that were not steam.
I’m getting pretty pissed and desperate at the same time. Im considering a refund while I still can. Please, please someone help me.