Music, Music and Music; What're you listening to?

Original is better imo, but I can’t just say that and sweep away this version altogether. Never heard of this group but their sound really suits the song, especially with the minor modernisations they added to the lyrics.

However, I feel like the modernisations make a good point of generalising it and showing that times never change because we never change and old issues are still modern issues. But, the flipside of that is that I find it a little less impactful because it is so general and the original motivation was so specific. Also, O’Riordan’s voice cracks carried so much emotion.

1 Like
1 Like

Dave Mustaine of Megadeath has throat cancer. Lets hope he has a speedy recovery!

2 Likes

Dude, why?

1 Like

Because I actively and intensely hate each and every one of you.

…sorta

3 Likes

2 Likes

The only priest with a sermon I wanna hear.
1 Like
1 Like

Huh, never heard of these guys. They kinda remind me of new wave British metal bands like Priest and Maiden.

My last post: listen to this deep and meaningful song to me

This post: listen to this dope ass song they used for the Borderland 3 trailer

2 Likes

Never seen a metal band with just 3 members, and it seems like Japanese bands are pretty rare. These guys must be the coolest grandparents.
2 Likes

Don’t stop believing!

Huh, haven’t heard this version. Kinda glad they didn’t go with this direction for the final song, TBH.
3 Likes

That was beautiful!

1 Like

Friendly reminder that the only fucking reason this song exists is because this guy calls himself “Owl City” and the GoGH movie is about owls. Side note: it’s sad as fuck that everyone just sorta…forgot about that franchise after the movie failed to hit home despite not actually sucking, just deviating from the books.
1 Like

Owl City had that one good song years back.

He sort of isnt bringing us anything Deatchcab for Cutie didn’t already do as a band though (at least as far as I’ve heard).

1 Like
1 Like