Ive heard about this bug from my friends and I also saw it reported on Kotaku so my friends and I went into a custom game to see if we could recreate it and well, we did
We had our fun with it in custom games but we would like to bring this to light because:
- It is gamebreaking
and 2. It is abuseable
Abuseable because a player can somewhat control the amount of multiplied hunters in the game. We discovered the abuse thanks to my crappy internet which disconnects me from a game every 2~3 minutes.
Anyway, in order to abuse it you need to do the following:
- Chose a hunter (Might HAVE to be Markov; we havent tested this)
- Have at least 2 bots
- Get disconnected from the game (I did this by manually turning off my WiFi connection)
- Rejoin game via SHIFT+TAB -> Right-Click on a Friend -> Join Game
- Chose a bot that IS NOT your original Hunter
- Immediately switch to your starting hunter via hotkeys
Within 30~60 seconds - if not immediately - whatever bot you chose before you switched back to your original hunter should have multiplied.
We havent tested this bug in an actual online game but we do plan to so that we can back our “gamebreaking” claim even further. Also we do not have video evidence currently, but since this is recreatable we can provide it if needed.
Thanks for your time people!