Mountain has joined the PC MONSTER Race!

My gaming rig is finally up and running! It’s name is Behemoth and it’s excited to meet crush its competition! :wink:

I am going to be online playing around 8:30pm EST if anyone is free. http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheMountainThatRoars/

Here’s the spec’s for those curious, and pics are below.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 20:19 EST-0500

Here it is looking crispy in the dark.

Your PC kills mine. Also, welcome. Everything is better here.

Welcome!

I am happy to be here! There were some bumps in the road, but we got there in the end!

Jumping on now!

Even though I can’t play games like Evolve on my PC, I can play other games like TF2, so if one day you decide to download or buy a game that doesn’t ask for a lot of requirements, then I’ll be happy to play with you! :smile:

Awesome! I would love that!

Welcome to PCMR! Where consoles cant keep up!

I just upgraded my PC! Nice build by the way. Mine is called Goliath lol
Although it was Goliath before Evolve came out, because of Gargoyles. But it fits!

I got the MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti and had to upgrade my PSU so I reworked everything. Cable management is a bitch! I also added another hard drive just for games to keep things separate from all my 3D work.

Right now I’m doing updates and stuff, and reinstalling games.
Add me for sure on Steam, I don’t play Evolve too much on my PC but I might more now :smile:

This is my first ever build. My old PC was one a friend built for me back in 2009 I think it was…it could play WoW…kinda.

Post a pic! I like seeing builds! I have other games aside from Evolve…not sure which but I have them!

This was my first too, since before I just had one or two over the years that were pre-built straight from the store.

I’ve slowly been upgrading when I can every few months and I think I’m at a good spot now where I won’t need to upgrade for a while, except maybe a CPU cooler and some LED lights. I can also play just about every game on at least high settings and run all my 3D programs smoothly.

This is the only pic I have right now from this morning.

Here’s the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 (3.6GHz)
CPU Cooler: Asetek 550LC 120mm watercooler (generic, needs upgrading)
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-K ATX
Memory: ADATA XPG V3 DDR3 (2x4GB) & (2x16GB) = 24GB total
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Storage: Toshiba 2TB (main storage)
Storage: WD 1TB (games)
Optical Drive: LG 14x Blu-Ray Rewriter
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
Case: NZXT Source 530 (full tower, I have 9 fans currently installed)
Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850watt (fully modded, 80+Gold)

I’m running Windows 7 cause most of my programs aren’t compatible with the newer Windows OS

Then of course I have my AZZA keyboard and mouse, and my trusy Logitech G230 headphones that I also use with my XB

That MSI logo though, so sexy when lit up!

Damn! Is it loud?

I can barely hear my PC now that I upgraded my PSU to the Corsair RM850.
It’s the quietest one I’ve ever owned

Awesome! I thought about more fans, but it’s pretty chilly in the basement where my pc is. I don’t really see it ever overheating.

I think the case can hold 10 fans max so I use 9 cause one of the fan slots is where my PSU sits, which has the fan on it.

I mostly need them for when I work and need renders, which sometimes makes my PC run pretty hard. Depends on the work, though. I don’t think you’ll have issues with overheating as long as the fans you do have are running okay.

Ahh, I gotcha now!

Goliath looks so happy lol

He used to be fighting Alduin but he won so now he gets to be my mascot!

What monitor are you using?

I use a 27" Vizio HDTV for my main and a 23" Samsung SyncMasater for my second. I have my XB and my PC plugged into my TV to switch between the two inputs. Like a boss!