More Evolve frame rate issues

I have only one monitor, unfortunately. The frame drops are very fast and sudden, but have a very profound effect regardless.

Last night I played on the lowest resolution possible.

Do you have Evolve installed on the same harddrive as your other games?

Yes.

It’s really bad online. I tried a little local play and it ran fairly smoothly but I’m scared of how it’d look online.

Legacy or Stage 2?

Stage 2.

What settings can you run Fallout 4 at?

High, on almost all settings.

1 Like

:confused: :man_shrugging:

I got nothing, sorry.

Edit: Maybe if you can think of some more details about the history here. Has the same machine run Evolve smoother in the past, or it’s always been bad? Or this is the first time trying on this machine?

As always, try the self-help page too.

Edit 2: TRS Forum - Self-Help Tech Support

It’s the same machine. It used to run Evolve on high very well.

And you did a Verify Integrity?

Yes. The game ran smoothly in a bot match, though I kept all settings on minimal. No anti-aliasing or v-sync.

Ohh. It’s fine in single player but bad in multiplayer?

It was worse in singleplayer before than when I tested it. I’ll still have to check in an actual match later.

Once there was a problem where we accidentally didn’t ship any compiled shaders with the game, so everyone’s game had to build them locally. That was fixed long ago, but your problem reminds me of that. First use of any shader meant it got built on the spot, for a huge one-time (for that asset) lag spike. Once you’d visited every part of the game, and seen every model and every VFX, all the shaders would be cached. Then the problem would no longer be observable – not fixed really, just hidden.

That shouldn’t be happening; I’m grasping at straws here.

Well I am still very thankful for your help. I’ll try to play a real match later today and let you know how it runs.

2 Likes

If it was that old shader problem, you’d reach a point where, in single player, the problem would have disappeared. Then you’d try changing your graphics quality setting, and the problem would come right back as bad as ever, until again all those shaders were built.

Missing shaders would not care whether multiplayer or not. Only matters what comes on screen.

You sure nothing is running in the background?

Only Discord.

1 Like

All I suggest is wiping the entire PC

1 Like

Probably Drivers, and we need some benchmarks before we can help further. My theory is network card.

What about an older system restore point where you knew Evolve ran fine? Or, could you roll back your driver just to see? Unsure how far to roll it back though…

I had Origins and cloud onedrive destroying my gaming experience. Of course cloud was part of a windows 10 update I think but yeah I wiped mine Saturday so no more Origins and cloud gets exited when I start it up.

1 Like