More detailed 'skill measurement' for Hunt 2.0

The biggest problem Pick-Up-Group people suffer in Hunt 2.0 is arguably the
’rank degrade due to poorly-skilled Hunter teamates, even though you did a decent job’. This below is what I suggest, for the Hunter players.

1. Point System Current Point System still stays the same.

2. Result Points.

• All Points accumulated during the match will be added to the Result Points. This will determine the player’s Total Points, thus changing the Player’s Rank as well.
    • Start at 0 Points.
    • (Result Points) = (WL Points) + (Total CRA Points) + (Total CS Points)
  1. Point Allocation depending on Win/Loss.
    It needs to change.

• Abbreviation : WL Points.
    • Added to Result Points.
    • Winning : + 8 WL Points.
    • Losing : - 8 WL Points.
    • Disconnection : - 10 WL Points (TRS needs to introduce ‘Rejoin’ system that allows the disconnected player to join the most recently played lobby within ±5 minutes, so he/she can finish the entire match. When disconnected player rejoins the lobby and finishes the entire match, the Disconnection - 10 Points are eliminated and the proper W/L Points will be allocated to his/her Result Points).
  2. Point Allocation depending on Class Role Accomplishment
    It needs to be implemented.

• Abbreviation : CRA Points.
    • Adapts Round Down calculation.
    • For Assaults, accomplishing 50~65% of the total Monster Health damage grants 0 CRA Points. Above 65% grants + 2 CRA Points. Below50% grants - 2 CRA Points,
    • For Trappers, accomplishing 1 count of average Monster dome-success grants 0 CRA Points (Only counts dome-successes in Stage 1 and Stage 2). Above 1 average dome-success count grants + 2 CRA Point, 0 average dome-success count grants - 2 CRA Points.
    • For Medics, accomplishing 0 Death counts on the Hunters during match grants + 1 CRA Points. Above 0 Death counts grants 0 CRA Points. Successful Lazarus Device use eliminates 1 count on the Death count.
    • For Supports, accomplishing 0 Death counts on the Hunters during match grants + 1 CRA Points. Above 0 Death counts grants 0 CRA Points. Successful Lazarus Device use eliminates 1 count on the Death count.
  3. Points Allocation depending on Character Skill
    It needs to be implemented. I will list some examples.

• Abbreviation : CS Points.
    • Adapts Round Down calculation.
    • Total CS Points cannot exceed 6.
    • For Markov
  1. Lightning Gun + Assault Rifle + Arc Mines : Accomplishing 50~65% of the total Monster Health damage grants 3 CS Points. Above 65% grants 6 CRA Points. Below 50% grants 0 CRA Points,
  • For Maggie
  1. Machine Pistol : Accomplishing 10~15% of the total Monster Health damage grants 2 CS Points. Additional 5% each after 15% grants additional 1 CS Point. (For example, 22.3% will grant 2 + 1 = 3 CS Points. 37.8% will grant 2 + 1*4 = 6 CS Points). Below 10% grants 0 CS Points.
  2. Harpoon Trap : Accomplishing 6 counts of average Monster trap-success grants 2 CS Points (Counts all the trap-successes in Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3). Additional 3 counts each after 6 grants additional 1 CS Points (For example, 11 counts will grant 2 + 1 = 3 CS Points. 16 counts will grant 2 + 1*3 = 5 CS Points).Below 6 counts grants 0 CS Points.
  3. Pet Trapjaw : Ruled out.

I will list additional examples soon. So, what are your thoughts?
Calling @MacMan for the quality, and @ArPharazon for the coding possibilities.

P.S : Class Role Accomplishment Points for Medics and Supports are dependent on ‘Team Death Count’ due to their defensive Class Ability ‘Healing Burst’ and ‘Cloaking Field’. It was quite hard to create a CRA Points rule for Medics and Supports, because of many reasons.
For Medics, if you set the rule to the ‘Total healed HP amount’, there are two factors that will likely cause side-effects; one, in matches when they ended in Stage 1 it is hard to gauge the player skill due to short match-time. two, you generally do not want your allies to get hit if you want to win. And setting the rule to ‘Total HP amount’ will make Medics think ‘I want my allies to get hit so I can accumulate CRA Points just in case we lose.’. Slim players may choose not to use the Spore Cloud Launcher because of this.
For Supports, if you set the rule to the ‘Total times of allies cloaked’, one; in matches when they ended in Stage 1 it is hard to gauge the player skill due to short match-time. And two, Supports may use the Cloaking Field when unnecessary in order to accumulate CRA Points rather than keeping allies safe.

4 Likes

While the actual amount of points given may need to be adjusted, I like the overall idea. The current system of win/loss ratio to determine your rank is absurd for such a teamwork based game. It really screws over a lot of people who don’t play in groups like me. For now I am cursed to the bronze level with the people who don’t know how to play.

2 Likes

I got the Silver Expert (4th place of the total 5) after the 10 placement matches, and now I’m on the verge of being degraded to the Bronze tier. The current Point system do need a detailed system that is generous to PUG / solo players as well.

The problem with anything that looks at performance is it doesn’t, and can’t, take in to account sheer bad luck. If the monster wants to take you down, even though you’re the good one of the team, and your team can’t help you, then you will have nothing to show for it, while others might have more to show from technically less skillful work.

If you’re on PC I’ll Gladly add you since I am in the same predicament.

Oh bronze elite, I how I hate you so. and your retarded players.

I get what you’re trying to do but it doesn’t take into account soooooooo many factors, a couple of which I’ve listed in another thread. For your example - what if you are the Assault and you are kiting the monster so hard it loses him the game, and thus don’t reach your damage % goals? What if the Support pulls an amazing orbital that wins you guys the game but lowers your personal % of total damage (again as Assault)? What if someone sacrifices themselves because the monster is hard-focusing them, costing the monster the game but also costing the medic a Death Count penalty? What if, as a trapper, your team wins quickly so you don’t get a high count for crowd control or total domes?

A system that doesn’t work on win/loss alone seems almost impossible to implement fairly.

2 Likes

You have some good points. +1 Like to you, ColtRosewood!

I still think that any detailed system rather than a simple system that solely relies on W / L is needed urgently. If my suggestion is implemented, players who are skilled and lost the game still have the chance to restore some portion of the 8 Loss Points (which is currently unrecoverable in any way other than simply winning). The current system doesn’t pay you off even though you did a hard work.