Monsters too Small: Even an Orca is Larger than a Goliath - A Scientific Comparison of Monster Size vs Real Life Creatures

The size of the monsters are comparatively small compared to many creatures on this planet. If they are that small, why are they called monsters when many of earthly and large creatures are not considered as monsters?

Let’s have a comparison, in ascending order, of a list of creatures on earth:

THE GREAT WHITE SHARK

The Great White Shark averages 3 - 5 m long, and is considered the 5th largest carnivorous predator to exist at the moment.

THE ORCA (KILLER WHALE):

The Orca is the 4 largest carnivorous creature on earth, but is not considered a monster, but is instead celebrated as a friendly “free Willy” even though it is known to eat humans without discrimination, and have an intelligence on par with us, but cannot attain technology due to its lack of prehensibility.

THE MEGALODON:

Megalodons have been taught to be long extinct for a long time already, but have recently been spotted and found to be alive across many sights on the world. It reaches up to 10 to 15 m in length.

THE BLUE WHALE:

The blue whale, a vicious predator known to devour any creature it sees, even sharks, is 30m in length and is considered one of the largest creatures on this planet, far larger than any monster in Evolve.

THE BLOOP:

The Bloop is a creature detected only recently due to its call being picked up FOUR THOUSAND MILES away from its location, and is estimated to be around 10 times the size of a Blue Whale, or 100 m in length. Below is the sound that was picked up:

ANCIENT MEGALODON:

In a recent controversial finding, the USS Valkyrie was spotted to be adjacent to what seems to be an ancient Megalodon (though nobody got hurt because it left. The size of the ancient Megalodon is estimated to be about 1200m in length. See illustration below for a comparison compared to the BLOOP.

Even larger creatures are believed to exist, but have not been found yet.

However, the point being, a 10m tall monster is just too small, and there should be a stage 4 monster that is about at least 500m high in order to be considered a real monster.

That size would never work in the current game, but I would love to play as a Godzilla sized monster. Also, loved all the pictures/info in this post! :monster:

Kids, Ugh Zan.

bigger monsters would be nice, but how to defeat them without destroying the gameplay?

game aside OP is at least on par with alien abduction theorists, check your “facts” on the bloop

This post has awesome pics and info, dang! That ancient sharky, my gawd!

On to title, I don’t think stage 4 would be good for the game. It would require a rework to the current system, probably bigger maps for the wildlife to be enough to get to stage 4 and overhaul all the damage charts, and a gazillion other things I wouldn know about because I am not a developer.

Would I like to see big arse monsters? Hell yeah! Behemoth hype!

I’m sorry, I think you have been miss-informed…

just wait for behemoth

The average height of a human is about 1.75meters. An elephant averages about 3.3 meters. The giraffe (the tallest mammal in the world today) is 5-6 meters tall. A Tyrannosaurus rex is between 4.6-6meters tall. A Spinosaurus is about 5-7meters tall. After doing various googling, and going STRICTLY by height and not length (like you did) there’s technically nothing that realistically compares to a 10meter goliath except for creatures similar to a brontosaurus and other ‘long-necked’ dinosaurs. But most of those only measure 9-11meters to the hip, as their neck is considered as part of their length (rather than height like a giraffe due to anatomy).

So, considering that a stage three goliath is STILL TWICE THE HEIGHT OF A T-REX THAT BREATHS FIRE, THROWS ROCKS (THAT ARE A QUARTER TO A THIRD OF HIS SIZE), AND JUMPS MORE THAN THIRTY METERS INTO THE AIR TO CRASH DOWN ON YOU IS PRETTY MONSTROUS TO ME.

Human 1.75m
elephant 3.3m
giraffe 5-6m
t-rex 4.6-6m
spinosaurus 5.7m
Wraith 5.7m
Goliath 6.4m
Kraken 7m
Behemoth 7m
brontosaurus 9-11m (at hip)

well, Internet says That noise was from Ice cleaving. i mean, The bloop.

This is actually rather amusing as far as troll threads go. 99% of what he wrote was untrue, but it made me giggle, so kudos to you. :slight_smile:

Yea. Beware em orca’s bro. Dont let them get technology.

But otherwise, the size is fine.

As soon as you see Galactoid you know it’s going to be trolly. An amusing read at least :stuck_out_tongue:

For those genuinely interested, the blue whale is believed to be the largest creature to have ever lived on our planet.

Yeah, looks big enough I guess for those “size matters” enthusiasts

Whale…that’s only because they estimate length on extinct animals but have no true way to determine it. Although, I do agree that the blue whale is definitely the heaviest known creature discovered.

This is true.

Get your facts straight or nice troll but damn

A 500 m monster ? not happening, behemoth is the largest they could manage to do, and the sky box or the map arent even big enough to handle it. Maybe as a scripted event in the game, but then it will be meh

And what height is he at stage 3 ? cause anything less than 100 m would be wtf, his evolution stance would last an hour

I agree that sometimes I feel like they are small, but I believe its just that I see them so often I don’t mind anymore

Obviously you’ve never seen footage of a rampaging blue whale! :open_mouth:

Wraith is 19 Meters

Goliath is 21 Meters

Kraken is 23, but that’s going off of the top of his spine

Behemoth is around Goliath’s height, but a lot thicker and wider

EDIT WAIT NVM I WAS GOING OFF OF FEET DISREGARD THIS POST

That’s why the world should convert to meters

I live in 'Murica. We measure everything in feet.