Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - General Discussion

Is it still available? It looks sick.

The single player event most definitely is, it’s a repeatable special event. The online only one, I’m not sure as that’s one of those rotating quests. There is a seasonal festival coming up soon, though, so if it’s not available yet then it will be soon.

1 Like

Was just thinking, with the way they brought the Behemoth and the Leshen into the game, imagine if things would’ve gone differently with Evolve and it had been the hit it should’ve been. Goliath in Monster Hunter? Fuck yeah.

Dev diary is here bois!!

1 Like

I see on the thumbnail that they are doing naruto signs o.O

Gotta say I’m a little surprised that there was no other info on that teased Elder. I also have to say that the armour for the appreciation fest looks amazing.

EDIT: The teased elder may very well be called Safi’jiiva.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t remember the time stamp but it appears when they’re going over armor. It’s either unintentional and will be reuploaded with it removed or it was an intentional tease. Either way it appears after dragon good boi so it’s most likely that teased dragon we saw. I’m totally hyped to see what the fight is though!

2 Likes

as we all suspected the teased Elder is basically an adult Xeno

EDIT: well, damn. you actually do get to fight the new dragon
EDIT II: it has a mechanic similar to Behemoth’s enmity
EDIT III: that has to be the best looking ultimate attack in the game

1 Like

when do we fight it

After hunting Stygian Zinogre

1 Like

Just watched a Tizi chase a Legiana from the coral highlands entrance all the way to the hoarfrost reach area where the Legiana was sleeping.

On another note Stygian is amazing!

Oh and I love the new elder fight but I’m a little annoyed we have to wait for the full thing ;-;

1 Like

'Twas a masterful tease on the part of the devs.

1 Like

They just released a new video on it so I’m gonna assume it’s safe to talk about mature Xeno’jiiva since the guild hasn’t named it yet… yeah they haven’t named it yet…

Safi’jiiva’s weapons look insane and are definitely gonna be the new end game! I can’t wait to get my hands on some new IGs and customize them for specific uses! Also I wonder what skills the armor will have. Not gonna lie I kinda groaned when they showed off a new relic system but this one looks great! Not to mention he’s being released next week as well! Can’t wait!!

1 Like

The Kulve Taroth-like system for Safi looks so much better than it was for Kulve, and the weapons look aweome, as well. Of course, because I’m digging HH right now I’m probably gonna end up getting screwed over by RNG to at least some degree depending on how the notes work, but we’ll see.

1 Like

So I just found out this game is at my local library. Still worth getting into it?

2 Likes

I’d say so.

2 Likes

Only if you have time to invest. Now that the new armor set and weapons are out LR and HR should be easy to do. I’d definitely suggest trying it out and if you like it to buy the full game with iceborne. That is if you aren’t on PC since Iceborne is out on it yet.

2 Likes

X1, but I’d probably just play the base game.

1 Like

I’d say finish the base game and if you want more then buy the game and expansion. Also since you’re on Xbone (guessing that’s what x1 means) then I think base world is still on the game pass meaning if you’d just have to buy the expansion.

1 Like

Oh I don’t have xbl, so it’d be whatever I can do offline.