Monster Hunter World - General Discussion

@Nasha842 if you wanna be technical here if you get a switch and make a Japanese account you can buy double cross off the eshop when it comes out for the switch

Yeah, but then you get the problem I ran into when I got MHP3rd for my PSP, and that’s the language barrier. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s not quite as difficult to overcome once you get used to memorising/matching the kanji (I think that’s the correct word) but it’s still enough to make getting through the early stages of the game a bit of a slog.

Here’s a little bit more info on MHW. Not a whole lot more, but it does have a couple of nice new little tidbits in it.

Ooh Gajinhunter my favorite MH YouTuber

Why don’t we get a Co-Op exploration game like Monster Hunter, Destiny, and Anthem.
But instead of playing people, we get to play the Monsters.

There are human cities or ships that drop enemies that pour into the land and it is up to the players to defend their home and get rid of the humans
Create packs/herds or go solo and travel the land. Fight against human threats both new and old.
New being active and alive people, Old being the undead which can be found in ruins.

Destroy settlements and heal the land from the damage.
Attack Ships off the coast
Attack Air blimps or planes.
Heal old scars by cleansing Human ruins of their sinful past and dead in order for nature to claim it.

Choose from different classes like the ones we have in Evolve and what environment you are adapted to.
Air
Land
Water

Choose your diet; Carnivore, Herbivore, or Omnivore.

Customize your monster; Bird, Fish, Reptile, Mammal, Amphibian, Insect, Arthropod, etc.

We can learn human technology and use it against them or adapt to it.

Be Big or Be Small

All of the possibilities, What do you think could be included?

It’s one of the reasons why in movies like Aliens v Predator and/or Jason v Freddy they still focus on the humans instead of the ‘monsters’. Most people can’t identify with something non human and corporations stay clear of trying to have a lot of games/movies/books focused on something as foreign as a monster.

My thoughts are that if the creatures were intelligent enough to be controlled by a real player, that would show intelligence and more which begs the question, why haven’t the creatures just destroyed/killed them all already? It would be hard to shoe something like that in.

Not saying that it’s a bad idea, but the world being the way it is I doubt we would see much of a success on it.

[quote=“MaddCow, post:330, topic:85585, full:true”]
It’s one of the reasons why in movies like Aliens v Predator and/or Jason v Freddy they still focus on the humans instead of the ‘monsters’. Most people can’t identify with something non human and corporations stay clear of trying to have a lot of games/movies/books focused on something as foreign as a monster.

My thoughts are that if the creatures were intelligent enough to be controlled by a real player, that would show intelligence and more which begs the question, why haven’t the creatures just destroyed/killed them all already? It would be hard to shoe something like that in.

Not saying that it’s a bad idea, but the world being the way it is I doubt we would see much of a success on it.
[/quote]If such things are done more as a side-game kind of deal it tends to work better, I speak from the experience of playing a lot of Agent Hunt in Resi 6. However, the problem with that angle then becomes a question of how to implement that in a way that keeps things fun. Whilst in Resi 6 Agent Hunt is a PvP mode, but let me tell you that the balance there is so abysmally bad that at times it can become a slog.

Well in that case why not create an interactive world with the NPCs.
Have the option to be more empathetic with certain groups of humans.
Maybe you can come to realize that certain humans are treated worse than others.
You can help them escape cities, defend them,
It would be like a reverse ‘Last Guardian’

This game idea will probably be better as a single player as it will allow more freedom in gameplay and story telling.
You are the last of your kind.
Maybe create an option to invite three friends, but it won’t be on an MMO scale.

I like the idea of some of that, but it would take a lot of work. Video game companies don’t want to take a lot of work to do something. It’s why we have Madden 5000 and CoD 20. Wash rinse repeat. As long as the gaming community continue to purchase subpar regurgitated products there won’t ever be games of this quality/caliber. It also means that the average gamer won’t be interested in it even if it was good.

Bethesda takes their time to create games. We won’t be seeing Elder Scrolls 6 for at least another 6 years because they are working on ideas and the technology.
Turtle Rock doesn’t have to do this per se but come on.
Not all games are rinse, wash, repeat. Many people want to try something new.

Oh and because I forgot. I WAS RIGHT! I asked for it but a month before and the gods gave their grace. I appoint myself the super duper highschool psychic.

Bethesda likes human controlled open world games because people like that. What has Bethesda come out as revolutionary in a while? Also, Bethesda is a publisher and doesn’t have much say in the development of games.

Here is a list of recent ones from 2008 until now: (Note that they are all human centric with various customization/powers/weapons)

Quake Champions (Not released yet)
Prey
Dishonored 2
Dishonored
Doom
Fallout 4
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout Shelter
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Evil Within
Elder Scrolls Online
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Rage
Hunt: The Demons Forge
Brink
Wet
Rogue Warrior

Big Game companies don’t bother with non trendy games and Indy game companies usually lack the funds and man power to create something that this would need. I’m not saying it won’t happen, I’m not saying it shouldn’t happen (Because frankly I’m bored with most of the common drivel being spewed right now) but it isn’t something likely to happen in the near future.

In other News The Monster Hunter inspired F2P game “Dauntless” is probably in trouble with the announcement of Monster Hunter World coming to PC

Yeah probably who knows maybe Capcom are only releasing it on there to show Dauntless who the real Monster hunter game is :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems like there was a closed-door event at E3 where some gameplay was showcased. Now, unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any footage of it. However, at least one youtuber has made a video talking about what he saw. So, if people wanted any more info, there’s a few new pieces here.

Woo no more hunter arts \o/
So hyped for this game, everything about it is pure yes.

I didn’t really mind the Hunter Arts. Then again, looking at everything we know of HMW so far I can’t help but think that in a way the Hunter Arts were used to test the waters for things they wanted to do in MHW.

Yay that means the IG will be the only weapon that can jump again!!

Leaked gameplay

Looks good so far!

That was a little bit hard to see at some points, but what I was able to see looked really promising. Looking forward to seeing more.