Monster AI problems in Defend

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE IF THIS DOES NOT INTEREST YOU, SO WARNING RIGHT NOW, THIS ISN’T REALLY A BUG BUT MORE OF AN AI FLAW, BUT I DIDN’T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO PUT THIS, ALSO, THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE I FEEL IT WILL GET THE ATTENTION IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED. AGAIN, SORRY FOR LABELING THIS UNDER “BUGS” WHEN IT ISN’T NECESSARILY A BUG, BUT PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS AND GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE ISSUE.

From what I’ve noticed in Defend, the monster has 2 AI settings: Attack and Armor up. In the “attack” setting the monster attacks the generator and the hunters until it suffers enough damage, it then initiates it’s “armor up” setting to gain more armor and attack again, but I’ve noticed 2 problems with this. 1: Sometimes it glitches and the monster never leaves the “armor up” mode, it will have full armor and still run around eating until the game ends. 2: Number 2 is definitely the big problem here, the monster ignores the hunters, I’ve had multiple time where half my team goes chasing after the monster and doesn’t come back because their AI is set to relentlessly pursue enemies, which means a minion needs to cross their path for them to leave the monster alone, and in this AI mode, the monster won’t fight back, it will run around killing wildlife and attempting to eat, it kills something, tries to eat but takes damage, maybe turns around and throws an attack or 2 at the hunters, leaves the area, kills more wildlife, tries to eat but the hunters following it damage it again, and this just happens over and over until the monster is dead, the game ends, or until the AI hunters see a minion, because of this it is really hard to play a solo game of Defend the way it is intended to be played, and I also like to go Defend against Kraken for headshot challenges. I’m surprised no one has pointed this issue out yet, a single medic can literally prevent the monster from EVER entering “attack mode” again because the medic can constantly prevent armor regeneration and feeding because the monster won’t fight back. I don’t know if this is a known thing and it really isn’t a bug but is more of a programming flaw.

I’ve actually talked about this before as well. The hunters in solo mode, wether it’s defend or any other mode, should never go more than say 60m away from the team.

Agreed, I understand in Rescue that Lazarus should detach but in any other mode everyone should stick together, it is also annoying cause a crowbill sloth can look at one of them funny and the go ballistic against it

Lmao. Yes they do. Or they don’t attack the mammoth bird at all. It’s maddening.