Mobile arena trap

In one of the PAX videos I saw, goliath leaped at a hunter, missed, then got stuck between the arena and a rock and couldn’t move. The trapper took down the dome so the Goliath could at least move, but I was wondering if this was something that was noticed and is getting fixed.

Also, what if the arena is used on a cliff, and the monster and/or hunter falls off the cliff and is still in the arena? Do they just walk about on the bottom of the dome or do they fall through?

Also, I know it’s off topic, but does anyone know how many “evolution bars” hunters give when the monster consumes them?

This should help

I would hope it stays pretty high, it’s your most challenging prey

…but I was wondering if this was something that was noticed and is getting fixed.

Yep, we’ve seen it happen every once in a while. Though not very often. Looking into it for sure.

Also, what if the arena is used on a cliff, and the monster and/or hunter falls off the cliff and is still in the arena? Do they just walk about on the bottom of the dome or do they fall through?

The arena is a sphere, so it does continue below ground.

I have a quick question in one of the videos when Maggie throws here mobile arean it appears to only go out a few feet from her whereas Griffin’s goes much further. Was wondering if there is a difference between the two of them or if it was just the distance they actually wanted to throw them.

Nah, no difference in how they throw it out and how far it goes. You aim it and throw it.

Probably some networking code changes between the PAX build and the E3 build that are making them look/act differently. So you’re seeing a difference between two builds, as opposed to a difference between two characters. As Slab said, Maggie and Griffin’s arenas have always been the same.

But it looks like the dome has a bigger radius when Maggie is using it on the Dam map, when the Goliath run over a bridge or a dam or whatever it is.

look at 1:48 in this video linked bellow

and compared it to the one you see in this video at 4:40

It’s probably just changes they’ve made. Like Macman said, it’s the difference in two builds

ups i think i forgot to say “i know you guys said it is a different build but it looks bigger on Maggies gameplay” :stuck_out_tongue:

Stage 1 Goliath in the first one makes the arena look bigger. He’s Stage 2 in the second video and nearly twice the size. Makes the Mobile Arena look half as big. :smile:

ohh i didnt think about that one XD

Will all the trappers have mobile arenas or will they have other ways of trapping the monster?

All trappers have arenas, all assaults have personal shields, all medics have health burst, and all supports have cloaking devices

and welcome to the forums :smile:

Thank. I didn’t know that. Do you know if they will all be the same or be slightly different

They should all be the same, haven’t heard otherwise. I highly doubt there will be any differences

they are the same its the other 3 weapons that change