Matchmaking ignores friend rule

1. When playing in teams of 3 seems to be some kind of Achilles Heel and has some interesting behavior. MM takes a long time to find additional 2 players to fill the hunt.
    I had a situation where I was playing with a friend, and joined another set of guys that were also friends [3v2] and my friend played as a Monster, which should not happen normally.

2. If I play and there’s are open slots and a friend joins the Hunt, seems that MM prioritizes that the monster is Human controller rather than AI, even superseding the rule of “friends can only play as hunters”.

We play as a 3man party and experienced the same MM behaviour.

• It takes a long time to find 2 more players. It’s often faster to join a lobby alone, let 1 or 2 player connect and then your friend join your game using steam.
  • A 3man party playing with a 2man party will lead to someone in a party being the monster (off course it also happens when joining as a 5man party). It’s fun, it allows you to be monster against your friends.
  • I’m not sure MM always see you and your friend as a party if your friend join the lobby latter.

Anyway, the game should allow us to play the monster even if we’re in a party ^^

Yeah I opened this topic yesterday on this forum and this is a consistent issue since the beta. Once you have a party you really are in for a treat. Not only it takes forever to find players, which is ridiculous since the game launched and a ton of people are playing it, it also ignores the party setup. Having one of our buddies suddenly pop as a monster on 4th day of Evacuation and a random dude as 4th hunter is beyond ridiculous :confused:

Wow, that’s just epic. :smile:

[quote=“D3nTe, post:2, topic:34619, full:true”]

• A 3man party playing with a 2man party will lead to someone in a party being the monster (off course it also happens when joining as a 5man party). It’s fun, it allows you to be monster against your friends.[/quote]

That might be fun for some people but not for us. Me and my buddies want to be exclusively hunters. So if this happens, we just leave, no point in playing. Especially when we are on TeamSpeak together, we can’t really play against each other, it’s not engaging enough. The game really needs a “ban” option, not just priorities.

5 minutes ago… just me and 3 buddies, all have monster as least priority (even says it’s disabled during party) looking for PvP Evacuation -> POP one of us is a monster and 4th slot is empty… and it doesn’t matter how we try to invite him or how he tries to join… he is still a monster. What the hell. :sweat:

I have the same problem… I played a PVP Evacuation with 2 of my buddies. Of course we want to play as hunters to be able to work as a team and not play against each other while on Skype. The game finds 2 more players and we start. The first map everything works as expected but on the second map I was picked to play the monster and during the third game my friend was chosen to play the monster…