Map Effect Ideas?

We already know a lot of the map effects but some haven’t been revealed yet. What do you think would be cool to see?

I want a Monster win condition where the hunters have extra re spawn time and a hunter win condition where the generator is reinforced, meaning it takes longer to destroy.

Map Interaction

I moved 64 posts to an existing topic: Map Effect Ideas?

We already know a lot of the map effects but some haven’t been revealed yet. What do you think would be cool to see?

I want a Monster win condition where the hunters have extra re spawn time and a hunter win condition where the generator is reinforced, meaning it takes longer to destroy.

Have ‘sick’ animals. They give less armor, but the same evolve per snack.

Have ‘extreme’ weather effects. (Also, I would like to see some sort of weather that hurts the monster, so far they all seem anti-Hunter and pro Monster)

Have packs of wild trap jaws killing wildlife and attacking the monster and/or hunters.

Lower gravity? This would be hard to explain in game and most likely to implement.

Similar to the soldier that you can rescue, but have an AI medic with a weaker version of Val’s healing beam and no AoE heal.

Meteor Storm.

hmm i could name a ton so ill list a few.

-every snare on the map instakills. like plants and megamouth/tyrants.

-Monster is permanently tranqed for the next map showing his/her yellow outline.

-every hunters first down is instantly not counted as a strike and revived. andrenline shots ? jesus? dunno yet

• monsters get multipllied versions of their abilities.

-hunters get maggie traps scattered thruout the map.

-hunters get mountable turrets through out the map that do major damage.

Flying bucket turrets are a wind cond for armory IIRC

All of those things just break the balance of the match.

Perma tranq’d monster? GG

I think he just means perma highlighted, still crazy op though, the buffs are supposed to help, but not make the winner unstoppable. more armor for the relay would only affect hunt and defend, and in hunt it’d usually be pointless anyway unless the monster really wants that relay win (I ignore the last hunter sometimes for a relay win, just to liven things up)

A special land creature, a bonus for hunters, eats any wildlife worth 2 meat or smaller in its path, killable but quite tanky and dangerous.

That’s still game breaking. You would have no use for tracking abilities like Cabot’s Dust Tagging, Bucket and Abe’s tracking darts.

Yeah, not disagreeing with you, though that would be an interesting handicap to chose for yourself if you wanted

Mmm are you talking about moon if you are talking about lower gravity? :slight_smile:

Not that low. Maybe Hunter’s have 200% jump height by default for instance.

Thought about this one a lot but I struggle to come up with a good believable idea for a weather effect that only affects the monster and not the hunters. Best I can come up with is like some kind of acid rain that the hunters can nullify with tech or some kind of dust in the air that that the monster has to breathe but the hunters can wear masks. I don’t know. Most weather effects would seem to help the monster, especially because they all need particle effects which would limit vision (that’s why I think it would need to be something that very slowly damaged the monster).

These do sound a little extreme lol. I wouldn’t even bother playing if I had to work against most of those conditions lol. You know how many things try to eat a lone hunter lol? That would be ridiculous.

The only weather thing I could come up with is extreme sunshine that makes footprints brighter and last longer. Maybe a full moon as well that does something similar.

It just ends up sounding a little gimiky doesn’t it (how vexing)? Probably why they don’t have a weather effect I’m guessing.

Probably. I was just surprised at how much the Monster simply doesn’t care about the weather other than it knows the Hunters are having a harder time :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, that’s definitely the case but I don’t know… Kind of liked it more that way even as a hunter lol. That’s how it is normally so I was able to get behind it to be honest.

Something absolutely immersive about hunting a monster down through a rain storm that you can’t see shit in.

Oh definitely impressive. I like the snowstorm blizzard the most. Couldn’t see shiz :stuck_out_tongue: I’m hoping for some really cool fog effects. Fog + Wraith sounds like such win.