Map Balance(polls)

Terrain is crucial in every game of evolve. Easily more important than wildlife which is supposedly the “third faction” in Evolve. Dome location, choke points, feeding routes, and relay geometry are all examples of critical aspects of map balance.

For a while now, there has been controversy around maps, specifically the Broken Hill maps, but other maps have also been deemed unbalanced by the community.

The general consensus has been that Orbital Drill, Distillery, Medlab, and Wraith Trap are among the most balanced maps, but what makes them balanced?

What whole MAPS are balanced?

Armory

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Aviary

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Barracks

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Broken Hill Foundry

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Broken Hill Mine

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Distillery

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Fusion Plant

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Medlab

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Orbital Drill

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Refueling Tower

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Rendering Plant

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

The Dam

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Weather Control

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Wraith Trap

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

What RELAY fights are balanced?

Armory

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Aviary

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Barracks

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Broken Hill Foundry

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Broken Hill Mine

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Distillery

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Fusion Plant

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Medlab

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Orbital Drill

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Refueling Tower

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Rendering Plant

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

The Dam

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Weather Control

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Wraith Trap

• Monster Favored
  • Balanced
  • Hunter Favored

0 voters

Thanks,

Chrono :sunny:

Jesus I literally was grasping at the anything I could to make the decision that something was monster favored :sweat_smile:

All I personally saw was either few balanced compared to the hunter favored but some maps at least ride the line fairly well.

The fact that hunters can sit down and set up at relays makes them never balanced in the monsters favor. Being stage 3, also, means it’s hard to maneuver around the relay areas which gives hunters another advantage. All in all, maps are balanced, relay fights are Hunter favored… Typically.

Maybe instead of using the word “typically”, you use “theoretically.”

Ok, Distillery is all kinds of messed up. Medlab is a tad bit better, but still not nearly enough room to be balanced.

No, typically is right here. It’s synonymous of “usually” or “most of the time”. Theoretically is meaning “in theory” or “supposedly”, which is not right for the context of my message.

Ah, ok. Then I guess I disagree with your opinion about current map balance and relay balance.

It also depends on the monster.
Kraken excels at most every relay fight, where Goliath and Behemoth struggle. Wraith and Gorgon seem most balanced for relay fights.
Hailing @The_Mastermind for some win numbers at stage 3 if you got em

All relay fights are hunter favored ( except broken hill ) only for the fact that it’s a good place to fight - capable of avoiding monsters attack - no loops - hills - ground surface (no steep) - open space … it should be like that

Maps favored monsters :

1- Orbital drill (most favorite for monsters )
2- Refueling Tower (2 most )
3- Armory (bad place to fight as hunters )
4- Wraith Trap (lots of wild life - big maps - loops )
5- Distillery ( caves and building)
6- The Dam (lots of caves and loops)
7- Aviary ( least fav map for monsters Tunnel - huge map - loops )

Balance :
Fusion plants
Weather control
Barracks

Hunter favored :

1- Broken hill mine + foundry (hunter favored on the chase) but it’s monster favored on the relay

2- Rendering plant
3- Medlab

clearly something needs to be done about the relay fights and yet people complain about flee till three even though clearly it’s in the hunter’s favour if the monster does this

Not always especially if you factor buffs into this.

how about we just ask TRS to let us know via a new Telemetry system… TRS has developed a new telemetry system to answer questions, such as these.
Otherwise you end up with people saying that Aviary is monster favoured… le sigh…

HA! No. Both of these excel at Hit & Run. Relay fights require them to go to the team. Ever try facing a hunter team with a full jetpack and camping at the relay as Wraith?

I will stand by the truth that telemetry does not answer all questions. The community opinion is important too. However… now that you mention it…
~goes to telemetry thread

yeh, it happens

They have the greatest maneuver ability which helps with the campy set ups of hunter teams. I feel those two are better, as I do better with them stage 3 than Goliath or Behemoth. Kraken is still king of stage 3

i would like to emphasize, that most relay fight will be hunter favoured.

Orbital drill, distillery , fusion plant i feel pretty balanced, ± wraith trap.

Y’all really think medlab is balanced? Lol are people playing the same game? Its one of, if not the, best hunter map(s) in the game…

haha, some people went through and voted balanced for all the polls.

Weather Control is not balanced it favors Hunters imo…it’s extremely easy to corner the monster or cut it off. The beach area only has one way out of it and the Hunters can see you a mile away there is no cover. The other side of the map is narrow and extremely easy to figure out where the monster is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.