Lets Talk About what we like about zombie games

Dying Light : the parkour with a smoothless transition into decided blows that carries you in and out of a swarm.

Nothing has felt so good and the sense of survival instinct it inspired. Love it.

2 Likes

I initially liked certain aspects of dying light, but the big thing for me was the night. Initially it ‘felt’ scary. But after a while it became super easy to dodge and eventually kill things at night. I wish night was ALWAYS stupid scary.

2 Likes

I only like Zombie games if you can play as the zombies. Monster for Evolve, Killer for DBD, Shark for Depth & Zombie for B4B. That’s how I roll.

4 Likes
  1. Mutations, which is why I adored L4D/2

2. Hordes, which is why I adored both L4D and WWZ, and in WWZ it just awed me the first time I played on New York.

3. The lore/timeline. Once again I love L4D/2 because it’s technically all cannonical.

4. Character Design. My god TRS are gods and goddesses when it comes to this. Francis my my go-to, and Ellis in 2. Carry that over onto Evolve, and it really did shine.

I like to steer away from fantasy-cartoonish zombie games, as I tend to like realistic fantasy. With that said, it can have fun in it, like Jimmy Gibbs Jr and Kieth. Fookin legends to Ellis and me.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree once you got to a certain skill level you could take on anything even in multiplayer. The dark creature on different part of the conversation I’ll get back to that Co-op versus another player situation in a minute but I do agree with you once you became too powerful it just became too easy

1 Like

It also didn’t feel like it took that long to become that powerful. In fact, I would purposely do most missions at night because you got more XP out of it and the risk didn’t seem that much more. That being said, I did like the game overall though.

1 Like

I did too, once you recognize just how to hit the zombies, you are like an all star too early in the game. So it would of been nice to be a bit more limited in the parts department.

2 Likes

Sniper Elite zombie mode.Easy fun mindless shooting all the zombie with bullet camera is a real stress relief

1 Like

Mostly, I love the survival of a zombie game. From scavenging for supplies (food, weapon parts, the obligatory item that sells/trades for a lot), to protecting yourself against massive hordes. Dying Light and 7 Days to Die are some of my favorite games in those two regards.

A close second is the story of each zombie title. Learning what caused that universe’s outbreak, how the survivors have handled it, and the adventures of people you meet along the way.

Basically, give me any zombie game with some lore, the ability to get inside buildings and scavenge through various junk and resources, and an expansive weapon system, and I’m happy. I don’t need all three (i.e Left 4 Dead), but I prefer at least two of those over a game that’s only about killing waves and waves of zombies and not much else.

1 Like

That was another thing I really did enjoy in my games, crafting… What a wonderful thing it is.

1 Like