Let me play monster with friends

I am pissed.

1. I don’t have enough friends to play full party games
  2. I want to play monster with them
  3. I don’t want to play alone
  4. I can’t recommend this game to my other friends because I stopped playing it because it can’t ever play monster
  5. I don’t care about you reason about “possible exploits” if you let me try to pwn my only other friend as a monster. I want to play monster with my friend.
  6. I hate you.

EDIT: I just tried to play with bots against my monster friend. I played bucket and the WHOLE team of hunters stopped for 20 sec because I used the probe-scouting ability to track the monster.
Epic fail! #AI

You can still create a custom game with bots to fill in the places where your friends can’t fill. You don’t need a full party to do so.

I hope that’s a joke because bots certainly are. I doubt my friends would have much fun getting rofl stomped every game because ai’s suck.

All of his concerns were address, no need to be snarky. He never once said anything about AI, just playing against his friends. It meets his criteria. He doesn’t want to play alone and he wants to play with his friends.

He and his friends won’t be having much fun with that while his friends get beaten by their own bots. It’s seriously not a valid option at all. I’m pretty sure having fun is a concern of anyone playing a video game.

It’d be nice if something serious would actually be done about this very serious problem as it’s been very frustrating for me as well.

I’m trying to help offer solutions instead of crapping all over people trying to help.

Ultimately I feel we need the developers help on this one. Bad solutions don’t help anyone regardless of the good intention behind them. Sorry man but that’s my honest feelings on it.

And that is fine, but there is a difference between someone offering solutions (Even if they aren’t your cup of tea) and you poo pooing all over them, or agreeing and saying there is that option, however I wish we could have X instead. One is considered rude, the other leads to discussion, which is what forums are about :slight_smile: I also agree that there are issues with certain things, but that doesn’t mean I have to crap on interim solutions.

Maybe they will add in a option once we get a ranked mode.

Ultimatly I’m just worried about the devs thinking that your the interm solution is sufficiant to sooth concerns and was raising my voice to the negative. It’s an issue close to my heart is all.

They are well aware of the issue. Macman even said they were looking into a way to fix it.

No, My concerns werent adressed.
This is an useless answer. I Played 2 days and stopped because of it. The bots are broken bad and playing with bots is boring.
I want to play the damn monster and no alone and I dont have 4 real life friends. FIX IT DAMN IT.

Calm yourself there. It isn’t a ‘useless answer’ it is an answer you don’t like, there is a difference. You can decide that it doesn’t help you but you don’t need to be snippy about it.

You don’t need to sell me a game where I cant use half the content with my friends.

You can use it, but with bots for gods sake.
You shouldn’t buy a game without knowing that you can’t do that if that is your main concern.

I bought the game expecting to be able to play monster with my friends. After all, these are the people who made left4dead. In that game you could play on opposite teams without having to fill all the empty spots with bots.

Honestly MaddCow, if you weren’t a mod I would’ve taken your first reply as a trollpost. Nobody wants to play with bots. That’s not like even an option in anyone’s mind. Can’t believe you actually suggested custom matches with bots as a solution. It only works with a full group. Bots are unacceptably stupid, no one wants to play with or against them.

I think you’re cruel…

To think you won’t have fun being crushed by/with friends just because there are bots, is a bit strange.

I thought playing with non-strangers made the game different.
At least, I have fun when I’m with some… because, well, they’re friends…

Anyway, I’m sure switching to the Trapper just the time to dome, and then on the Assault is enough to have close games. Second player doing the same etc.

“You shouldn’t buy a game without knowing that you can’t do that if that is your main concern.” It was marketed as such but yeah, I’m a fool, I trusted the game company who made Left 4 dead.

Stop telling me to play with bots, BOTS ARE BUGGED.

I try to use the scouting probe with bucket, they stop moving and wait next to me
THEY GET STUCK IN WALLS for 4 sec ffs.

Who ever had fun playing a multiplayer game against bot? NO ONE.

HALF the queues I do with my friend, games start without any other player.
A fourth of all game, we are put into an already won game with hunters we don’t even know how to play, then when it’s over, the other players leave. I feel like this game is dead, I’m just happy I did not pay for the DLC.

I’ll probably come back in 2 years when the GOTY edition is on special and play a couple good games with friends in a lan party. Until then, we’re done…

I just tried to play with bots against my monster friend. I played bucket and the WHOLE team of hunters stopped for 20 sec because I used the probe-scouting ability to track the monster.

Epic fail! #AI

Yeah I came to the conclusion that you need to have at least One trapper and One support human player during the hunt, and One medic plus one Assault during a fight.