Left4Dead Characters as DLC?!

I like GhostRobo idea. This would be a really cool idea since they are the creators of L4D.

they do not own the rights.

That sucks :confused:

They gave up all ownership of L4D to Valve, and while Valve wouldn’t mind Easter Eggs or references, this is something else.

Shaq, lebron, kobe, and a female 2k or l4d1 character?

I can’t imagine how they would fit into the game either. I mean would you want Sonic the Hedgehog as a trapper or something if they owned the rights?

Keep Left 4 Dead characters to where they fit and belong :wink:

Goodness no. The character designs in Evolve are so much more imaginative.

Dirivitive and imaginative have a ven diagram relationship with one another and Evolve crosses the entire spectrum

Dumb that down for me please.

He means that Evolve is fine. The end.

Here’s literally what the guy meant.

Thats understandable. I just wanted to get everybody else thought about his idea.

It would be a let down if they added L4D characters to evolve. It would be horrible…

FYI: This is in the future. (Lol, everybody detected that probably)

Well apart from the rights and such, another issue I keep thinking is why are normal human survivors, they basically just know to use a gun, going to compete on fair grounds with established skilled hunters who are at the top of their respectful professions, armed to the teeth with tech?
Also I think everything in Evolve takes place in the much distant future, all the left 4 dead characters would have passed away decades if not centuries before.

Still all that aside, I think it would indeed be pretty funny. If there is ever any type of steam workshop support or mod capabilities (I dunno if there will be any) but if there are, this might happen in that situation. People like making mods like that.

is it really in the future? after all star wars was a long time ago, too…

While I never found an exact year, the story describes it as “In the distant future” and considering the tech levels, colonizing other planets, etc, it is safe to say it’s been quite some time.

Well, I guess it might be in a more advanced galaxy. For all we know, there are aliens above our heads right now. Some have been fake, but some are real that have been blurred out by NASA. It is mind boggling.

But real lol!

there is a story?
i mean there are sniplets, but i did not see something realy story like for now…

Dunno, just going off the Evolve wiki for now:

"In the distant future, humanity has traveled to the void of space, exploring distant far off planets, colonized and terraforming them, fought in many wars and discovering new sources of energy, Humanity has expanded across the galaxy. Until a grew of interests fell upon Shear, an uninhabitable plant filled with new wildlife and resources, while colonizing the planet’s surface, mankind has discovered that they’re not alone, the Monsters don’t take too kindly to having their territory invaded, and are doing anything in their power to drive off the invaders, attacking human settlements. Now an elite team of Hunters, consisting of war veterans, psychopaths, heroes and expendables have been assembled to evacuate the planet’s colonists. "

The normal wiki part confirms the same info.

“Evolve is set on Shear, a distant planet located in the “Far Arm” of space, that humanity has traveled to in the distant future. The established colonies, considered the most valuable in this region of space, are soon attacked by malevolent alien Monsters.[12] As the Monsters destroy the colonies on Shear, a former planet tamer named William Cabot is brought out of retirement to deal with the threat, in order to evacuate the remaining colonists from Shear. In response, Cabot assembles a team of Hunters—consisting of war veterans, psychopaths, professionals, and expendables—to eliminate the Monsters, setting the main conflict of Evolve.[11][13][14][15][16][17][18]”