Leaderboards & Matchmaking for competitive play

So I am late to the party. I just saw the trailer and watched some gameplay footage and am certainly intrigued. My only concern is the 1v4 aspect. If the “monster” bails the game, does it simply end?

I would like this to be played with somewhat of a competitive mindset. Will there be leader boards and/or a matchmaking system? I think it would be neat for teams listed toward the top of the leader board to take on someone that is listed toward the top of the Monster board. Make sense?

Is this something they are looking to add?

Oh yeah, dude! There have been a few articles on the game stating that there will be leaderboards, just nothing has been said more about it yet! I’d be interested to see how they actually play out! :slight_smile:

First of all, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you here :slight_smile:

If by this you mean “what if the monster refuses to fight”, then the hunters will automatically win after the 20 minute match timer expires; they’ve completed their objective of defending the power relay from the monster.

Yes! That’s confirmed on this link. Notice “Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.” in the last line.

Someone from 2K has confirmed that the game will pair you with other players based on your skill level. So if you’re a new player, you’ll be paired with other new players and vice versa.

Also! Remember the Monster player can also hang out in the Out of Bounds sections of the maps and eventually die thus giving the Hunters the win! But you’d only want to do that if someone’s a chicken! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, that’s also a relevant point. Although I don’t imagine that happening a lot in matches :thumbsup:

Nah that’s why I mentioned only someone would do it if they were a bit chicken!

Cool! Thanks for the replies.

As for the “bailing” on the game. I am referring to them literally closing the game / going offline. Does it simply switch to AI or does the game end?

I know that the player would be replaced with AI so no worries there!

Switches to AI. Have you ever played L4D versus before? If a survivor left, AI would take over and other people could then join that slot.

I imagine Evolve will function similarly.