Hey people, I’m having a lot of trouble with premades and I’m hoping you can help. I’m posting this outside of the main Kraken advice thread because I’m asking about a few specific premades that are giving me trouble as Kraken.
Basically I feel like I’m reaching my skill limit. In many cases it seems like it is impossible to land abilties because some of these teams know exactly when to use their jetpack and never clump together.
My typical build for Hunt 2.0 is:
- Stage 1 - 1LS, 1AS, 1BM
- Stage 2 - 1LS, 2AS, 2BM, 1VT ( Versus a decent Markov/Bucket I will go more into vortex and abandon banshees)
- Stage 3 - 2LS, 3AS, 3BM, 1VT
To get the basics out of the way:
- I understand who I should focus, generally Medic or Support unless someone falls out of line of sight of the other hunters. Assault I almost always focus last unless his shield is gone and he is low health.
- I know to capitalize on jetpack exhaustion with combos and abiltiies
- I know I can banshee > heavy > pounce for a lot of damage
- I’m pretty good at avoiding mines and clearing deployables (with the exception of bucket, his turrets have too much health and require an ability to clear)
- I know good feeding routes on most maps, I’m evolve ready before the first dome unless I get really unlucky.
- I can Stage 2 with some armor before the first dome on some maps but I usually try to go for a strike in the first dome at Stage 1 with full armor.
- I don’t bother with stealth much
- I’m pretty good at tracking cloaked opponents, but against premades it’s still difficult. Slim’s spore is another story, it’s better than cloak IMO.
The big premades I have issue with are:
Caira / Hank / Maggie / Markov
- I can’t chase Caira around because of the harpoons and I can’t head her off because Markov clears my banshee mines. When I do get the opportunity to do damage then the ole’ Hank/Caira crap comes into play. I can’t focus Trapper or Assault because of Hank/Caira.
Caira / Sunny / Abe / Markov
- Even worse than Caira/Hank is Caira/Sunny/Abe. Speed boost, plus jetpack boost and Abe’s slow means I rarely get to do damage. Caira can become untouchable. Again, Markov is clearing banshees so I can’t use them effectively.
Laz / Bucket / Jack / Markov
- It takes a really good Laz to pull this off, but when they do it feels impossible to beat. Laz meta is to just hang outside the dome now so there is no touching him. Even if he comes in, he is very difficult to focus when coordinating cloaks with support. Jack + cloak makes it even more difficult. If I down assault or trapper I am punished heavily for body camping (turrets). If I get bucket down I have to clear out some turrets before camping the body (which gives Laz plenty of rez opportunity) otherwise I get punished hard. Even if I get Laz after a rez it’s almost never worth it because I almost always have to over-commit to get that strike on Laz (I’ve already committed hard to get the first hunter down).
Slim / Sunny / Maggie / Lennox
- Great chase team. Good slim players make him ridiculous. I can overcome spore to some extent, but with good players spore buys them just enough time to get in another heal burst. Some slim players are so good they can fire off heal bursts in fairly rapid succession. As long as they dodge the occasional ability they are fine (and Sunny makes that easy). Maggie’s traps pull me down very quick and Lennox can punish body camping hard and her anti-feed on the chase is nasty (thanks to sunny).