"Kiddy" Games And Movies That Are Scary/Violent?

what a nice guy Howie Mandel is.

Howard the Duck isn’t Scary, nor Violent, but I would not call it a kid movie :stuck_out_tongue:

In keeping with this week’s forum tradition of posting the entirety of TIme Bandits,
here is Time bandits.

Watched it as a kid and it messed me up.

Edit: specifically when the parents explode. I don’t know why but I remember them exploding into meaty chunks in a really graphic way, but it isn’t that way here. Childhood OP.

No please seriously, delete these 2 gifs, I don’t want to see this these 2 turds every time I scroll up and down.

Time Bandits is aces classic :slight_smile:

also this movie called The Witches. It’s PG. Horrified me.

I can’t stand watching these turds.

@TheMountainThatRoars please edit these 3 posts with gifs.

This is another classic I liked as a kid. I’m starting to see a trend here… :stuck_out_tongue:

Omg I remember that movie! :purple_heart:

I loved animorphs. Speaking of books with a lot of violence
Brian Jacques Redwall series anyone?
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Of%2Bme5fdL.SX306_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

Edit: just have to voice my appreciation for this series. really opened me up to fantasy and complex emotional storytelling as a kid. It also ultimately led me to read the Hobbit.

Like I remember this one part in a book in the series where a cook in redwall(a hedgehoggotta go fast)
Is really gung-ho about fighting these bandits that have Redwall under siege. He runs wildly into battle and just crushes this weasels head with a hammer, and he’s just instantly struck by what he’s done, and just starts crying and repeating “i’m sorry I’m sorry I didn’t mean it” then collapses on the field. He has to be taken back to the keep and he’s just tortured over what happened. That’s really serious for a kid’s book.

#I LOVE THAT MOVIE

I never remembered what it was called when I was young. I just remembered the horrific imagery and story. I watched it plenty though! I used to get it confused with Hocus Pocus.

This movie called Stay Tuned I always forget.
It’s really non threatening now, but I remember this one part freaked me out when I was a kid.

The movie is about 2 people who get sucked into a weird hell version of television by the devil’s cousin or something. They are basically constantly narrowly escaping ugly death in these tv shows, and there’s a dumb Wayne’s World rip off they get on.

It’s called Duane’s Undeadworld or something. I just remember it freaking me out when these two try to gouge out their eyes with a hot poker.

“LET’S PLAY THE HOT POKER IN THE EYE GAME!”

Super lame.

I forgot about that movie…

It’s forgettable I suppose.

I remember watching it a lot when I was younger.

We need to get together and do a marathon or something!

That’d be swell m80! This thread made me remember a lot of obscure movies I had forgotten. Like Mom and Dad Save the World.

That’s what the topic is about.,right?

But you said all of them. Which many are meant for kids. :wink: But not all of them.