Jack's repulsor problem

I’ve been playing a lot of Jack recently since I think he’s the best offensive trapper (besides Waggie) and I’ve noticed there’s a cheap counter to his repulsor beam. I played against an Elder Kraken who has excellent range on his pounce just like vanilla Kraken and while I was the last one alive, running for my life, I noticed that he can pounce straight through the repulsor. This seems kind of unfair since the point of the repulsor is to slow movement and a Krakens pounce goes somewhere between 5 and 10 meters in an instant. So what do you guys think? I don’t know how to make a poll so I’ll just ask; in your opinions, should the repulsor beam slow/stop the pounce or should the pounce go through?

Slow/stop. Dunno why this isn’t the case.

It’s not a bug, TRS have said that they don’t want it to stop pounces because none of the CC in the game actually do it. (You can pounce away while harpooned too).

Edit:

Well griffs can stop the pounce. But the SMG is better for it lol.

The initial damage from the harpoon can stop a pounce already in progress yes, but the monster can still pounce while attached to the harpoon.

Fun fact: Kraken can actually pounce you from as far as 27 meters away at stage 3

You can also shoot the monster as he is sneak pounce/lunging and it stops the monster from ever doing the pounce.

This. And it shouldn’t stop pounce. I’m not even sure if it’s shortening the distance, I guess yes?

:astonished:

It’s even worse then I thought…

The repulsor does not shorten the distance. Sorry if I wasn’t clear but I certainly don’t think it should stop a pounce completely but I do think it should limit the movement of a pounce the same way any other movement is limited.

Plus, Kraken is apparently getting his pounce nerfed according to a “hint” from the last Evolve stream. Hopefully that will help even a little.