It's been a minute! Sharing some nostalgia

(Sorry if this doesn’t fit anywhere, just wanted to share some thoughts)

Man it’s been a while since I’ve come on the forums! I’m a bit of a nobody here but I loved reading all the content that was put on here and giving my two cents when possible. I used to frequent the forums quite a bit when my life literally revolved around evolve as all I did was go to school, come home and play evolve and repeat. I have many fond memories of this place and it’s amazing to see many of the old faces still being active on the forums!

Last time I posted was in June of 2017 which isn’t that long ago but damn it feels like ages. A part of me still feels like the competitive kid whose obsession with mastering every support possible is still there, but damn so much has changed!

Last time I checked in they announced the project had ended and like many of us here our world came tumbling down! Our beloved game was being torn right from us, but not until we squeezed every second of gameplay we could from this masterpiece that ended too soon.

This game and it’s community helped me through a dark time in my development where I faced discrimination from those I’d grown up with for my identity. I felt discarded, but this game’s community never gave up on me. Two years later I’ve graduated from school, did a year of college and found it wasn’t for me and got into full time work 6 months ago finally starting my career in IT. I’m facing the sadness of seeing my family get older and doing everything I can to keep us afloat, I’ve met a wonderful girl who’s a good laugh when she wants to be and are still friends with nearly everyone I’ve met on evolve, friend’s that didn’t judge me based on what I looked like. Infact one travelled across Europe and stayed with me and my family for a bit and are currently planning our next road trip around Europe! I’ve also met another a couple of times and still talk and play games every day and have become like brothers. I am thankful for all the opportunities and people I’ve met though this community like no other.

I’ve put countless hours into a couple games like smite and warframe and I’m really enjoying them, I’m also getting back into overwatch after taking an extended break from the people over in those games, it’s a cess pit of salt and nuclear waste! Yet all this time later after facing some real learning curves and going into the transition of adulthood. This game still left a hole.

Nothing yet has even come close to the mythicality and the caliber that this game brought to the table. Nothing has ever been able to capture the feelings you go through when you watch the monster take the last of its beatings whilst your shield still had 2 seconds on its cooldown and you were on 1hp at the relay dodging for your life! No game has bought together a community with people as strong and as united as this one. No other game has brought me and many others the joy of making lifelong friendships, teaching us unmatched teamwork and strategy to come together and kill the damn monster whatever it may be. This game tought us that you can’t beat life’s monsters alone, but with a strong team you can beat any f*cking monster that may come your way.

I still have many challenges to face, but the best is yet to come. And I look forward to anything that TRS create for our community and will support them all the way as a homage to the memories I have of the greatest game of all time.

If you made it to the end, thank you for reading.

Welcome back, Maurice!

I’m glad to hear that you are doing well and have come through your hard times and are on your way to an IT career.

We’re happy to have you and hope that you stick around a while longer.

Thank you bro! I’m mostly a lurker but ill definitely try and make a contribution.

I remember seeing you, welcome back buddy.

Thanks bro, appreciate it!

takanuva%20approves
I have absolutely no room to take credit for this because I’ve never seen you before in my life, but I’m going to anyway. Honestly, I don’t know if it’s because the community’s just really small or because being in this fandom takes legitimate effort and dedication to a game that gets a lot of shit, but I’ve never seen such a positive community as this one. Glad you found this relatively clean hole in a world of nasty ones.

If you’re still up for some Evolve, just add me on Steam and I’ll get you into an active group! Good to have you back!

I’ve had to factory reset my pc since the last time I played and I dont have legacy so can we still play on stage 2?

Sadly not. Servers for legacy have been shut down. I believe there is some method to download the original but I’m unsure. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

You can install the original Evolve if you previously paid for it. Stage 2 was free to play, but the servers for Stage 2 are shut down, so you can no longer play it, sorry.

Keys are still available very cheaply for Legacy Edition Evolve though!..about $3 or so, give or take, and you can play Legacy still; I can get you into an active on-line group that plays every day…over 300 of us in there now.

If you did have Legacy before, the way to install it from Stage 2 is right-click the game in your library, select properties, then go to the Betas tab. In the drop down select “Original Evolve Product” and hit close. Legacy will begin to download.

Please note that Legacy still shows up as playing Stage 2 to your friends or others in your friends list.

I’ll definitely get a key then, would love to get a chance to play again!