Index: [7.0] Val/Sunny/Jack:Griffin Comp Dissection(poll)

Who is to blame the most for the chase comp?

• Val
  • Sunny
  • Griffin or Jack

0 voters

If it is equal across all, do not vote

Is Val OP without Sunny or Jack/Griffin?

• Only OP when with Sunny
  • Only OP when with Jack/Griffin
  • OP always

0 voters

if balanced, don’t vote

Is Sunny OP without Val or Jack/Griffin?

• Only OP when with Val
  • Only OP when with Jack/Griffin
  • OP always

0 voters

if balanced, don’t vote

Is Jack OP without Sunny or Val?

• Only OP when with Val
  • OP always

0 voters

if balanced, don’t vote

Is Griffin OP without Sunny or Val?

• Only OP when with Val
  • OP always

0 voters

if balanced, don’t vote

Thanks,

Index Team :sunny: :smile:

The Index: Metabase History[Patch 1.0 - Patch 8.0]

Why isn’t there a balanced option?

huh, tried to edit. Then sent a message to mods and my messages have been a bit whack lately and I don’t know if it sent. If they’re balanced, don’t vote

Calling the composition and those who use it ‘[REDACTED]’ is childish and just as toxic as the composition itself.

But the telemetry… It says she is balanced… How can the telemetry lie?! IT NEVER LIES

Next time perhaps include options for "Is x OP when paired with both y and z.

Because IMO Sunny is only OP when compared with Griff and Val cuz chasecomp.

Yup. Looks like I didn’t give you guys enough options this time. Wish I could edit my polls. My messages aren’t working either so I can’t contact any mods currently.

@Plaff @TheMountainThatRoars if you guys could please add a “balanced” option to each poll as well as “Sunny is OP only when with Val AND Griff/Jack” sort of deal but with every character. Thank you in advance

The Mountain that Roars cannot, sadly. Only moderators can do this.

So ask @MaddCow and @Takran as well.

Thanks, I was forgetting other mods (sorry) and thought mountain was a mod and not a leader

You see, the difference is that it is your personal opinion on the monster that had had 40% winrate, the lowest of all the monsters at the last 2 months before buffs, and he was doomed at the ESL pro scene with 2-9 score as well, so it was not just the “pub thing”. Now, going back to chasecomps, it is, as I’ve already mentioned an approved OP BS even by the devs, and nerfs for Sunny as well as bug fix with tranq gun are coming by a reason.

Personally I feel sunnys overall kit brings too much viability to any comp in its current state- Griff (Or jack) and Val just put icing on the cake that is “Sunny” lol

Sunny’s just OP against Goliath/Behemoth and it’ll always be that way. If Sunny’s balanced against Goliath/Behemoth, then she’d be trash against Kraken/Wraith. The only way to balance this out is for the monster player to have bans or some kind of restrictions placed on the hunters. It’s simply the way the game works.

She definitely brings a lot more than others. Defence that’s superior to Hank’s and a large mobility increase which can be used for all kinds of things.

Could you please elaborate why the hunters were able to ban a favored monster, while the monster player can’t ban one favored hunter of each class?

This is from the Battlefy rule page. If I remember correctly, that last game that was played was a tiebreaker round which adheres to a different set of rules here:

1.5. Tie breaker round
Higher seeded team can choose one of two options:
To ban
Monster OR Hunter side
Depending on what the higher seed chooses the lower seeded team will get the remaining option.
If either team gets a ban option you are allowed to ban 1 Monster OR 2 Hunters (1 per class) from the other teams roster.
Below are possibles scenarios:
IF Team Turtle Rock chooses Monster side because they are the higher seeded team. THEN Team 2K will be able to ban a Monster from the Monster pool.
IF Team Turtle Rock chooses Hunter side because they are the higher seeded team. THEN Team 2K will be able to ban two Hunters from the Hunter pool.
IF Team Turtle Rock chooses to ban because they are the higher seeded team. THEN Team 2K will choose Hunters and TRS will be able to ban 2 Hunters from the Hunter Pool.
IF Team Turtle Rock chooses to ban because they are the higher seeded team. THEN Team 2K Studios will choose Monster and TRS will be able to ban 1 Monster from the Monster Pool.

TGL ban system was perfect IMO. Ban one monster and one hunter of each class.

You really are trying to strawman this. This doesn’t justisfy calling a composition and those who play it [REDACTED] in any way.

Also, Kraken having 40% winrate is because the telemetry show all monster players, including those who try to play him the exactly like Goliath up in their faces and fails miserably.

The funny thing is that like 30% of kraken’s combat time should be on the ground.

It is a chase composition, that brings poison, not the person himself, that plays it. Seems pretty obvious, isn’t it?

This consideration is irrelevant since, as I’ve said before, ESL results showed us a Kraken losing 2-9 to a hunters teams. This could hardly fit into “pub telemetry” thing.

Unfortunately not even a mod can change a poll after it has existed for 5 minutes. Its just a thing with discourse. If you want we can close this topic and you remake it with the new polls, otherwise we can’t change it for you. Sorry.