Incapacitating with 1 rock throw

Guys question I just had a Goliath hit me with 1 rock and I was down with full health. Can someone explain? Only thing I can come up with is damage output? But the guy told me there is a glitch with the rock hitting you a certain way?

Well Rock Throw can One hit kill a Hunter with two strikes but it sounds like you got hit by a glitch or maybe a wildlife at the same time with a Damage buff.

Who knows amongst the million of bugs.

Its a double collision error, the rock collided with both you and the ground, causing both Shrapnel and Impact damage, which would instaincap you.

jep stupid bug

Well even in mid air Rock Throw will deal Impact and Splash Damage to one target but at most it removes half health to a third.

“Well even in mid air Rock Throw will deal Impact and Splash Damage to one target but at most it removes half health to a third”

About 60%. A goliath with 3 rock, 3 mastery, and damage perk (not elite buff) can do over 60%, and insta-kill a 2 strike hunter.

Are you agreeing with me or correcting me? I can’t tell…

I’ve seen it when I rock throw a hunter that’s against a wall with a level 3 rock throw with damage bonus (+15% pre-patch haven’t tried it since) and the mastery.

I’m assuming he’s correcting you because only dealing 60% damage would mean a 1 point rock throw double impact.

As far as I know, it’s a registration bug. Rock Throw has two potential forms of damage- Impact and Shrapnel. There is a bug whereboth of these register which leads to instakills. :confused:

Oh wait what I meant was getting hit by a 3 Point Rock Throw directly would drop you down TO about Half health to a Third. Not lose only a third…

Wording was off…

And hoo boy is it a infuriating bug to deal with.