Hello, I am Korin from STAGE 3 and I spend a lot of time with the observer interface. I do a lot of scrims and we usually have 6 with people rotating out of observer or simply watching people play. Anyway, the observer interface needs some work. I have a couple of complaints, and also my personal suggestion for each complaint. This also is aimed at helping the tournament scene, because those casters also need some more tools and information readily available.
- You need to be able to change whether you are in third person or first person view. The easiest way to fix this would be to simply let people zoom in and our with the mouse wheel while in observer mode. Alternatively, you could give people a button to switch between 3rd and 1st person.
- Observer Mode needs its own keybindings! This is more of a bug than a feature request. I personally have W set as my map button, so when I am in observer mode, it opens the map, but also turn on the outlines, and I cannot do them independently. I need to be able tor rebind the show outlines key, as well as all the other observer only keybinds, but right now it isn’t available
- The monster’s health is not shown very well in the current observer interface. Everyone is used to seeing it in the center top of the screen. The monster sees it there and the hunters see it there. That is where it should be for observer. Also, in the current setup you cannot see bars of health, which is how people are used to talking about how much health damage was done. You can only see thirds, which is awkward for casters.
- Right now the show/hide ui really needs some work. There needs to be independent ability to show/hide the healthbars/the pictures on the right/ and the win%. Sometimes you want all of them, but a lot of the time I would like to be able to have healthbars above peoples heads without the pictures on the right. this would also go along with having the ability to keybind the observer interface.
- This is more quality of life, but when you are looking at the monster’s point of view, it would be very convenient if you could see what he is sniffing. Sometimes it would be nice to see if the monster actually saw the hunter or not. It seems like it would be easy to add since the monster sees it (I could be wrong).
That is all I have. I know the observer interface was kind of rushed out since we didn’t have one, and what wee have is a vast improvement over not having it, but it could still stand to be improved.