I'm downloading the alpha and it takes so much time, how long does it take you?

For the xb1 pre download

As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Downloaded it on PC in about an hour and a half

Google “Test My Speed”, click the first link, run the test and post your results.

Those results are never the ones you actually download with.

They’re a lot more accurate than “it’s slow”

It still gives me a good idea on how long it’ll take for him by comparing it to MY speed (14Mbps down; it took me 2.5 hours to dl it).

I got 56 down and 10 up :slight_smile: and i will be a PC player = steamservers = 10 mb/s download sometimes.

Someone’s using Comcast, aren’t they? I’m using the Rural connection here, and it’s costing me an arm and a leg for this speed ($73/month). Also a Steam user.

Such jealousy!

My 1.5 mbps connection is still chugging away at it. Started about 12 hours ago, it’s half-way done.

We don’t have comcast in europe/belgium.

Naw he’s in Europe, where the internets flow like water and the gigabytes condense to dew on windowpanes at night.

most speed tests / isp’s show MBit, you have to divide the speed by 8, so if you have a 50MBit connection you can download with roughly 5.6MB/s :smile: I got 100/100 connection (so love fibre).

I can get much faster speeds on steam than that :slight_smile:

Steam does push through downloads sometimes so even if he has 56 down he may be pulling closer to 10 at times.

I remember those days…actually, that was about 3 months ago for me before I moved out of my mother’s house.

Haha, yea going to my ISP website constantly to see if I can get anything better and a big banner is saying “SPEEDS UP TO 1 Gbps!”

Meanwhile I can’t even upgrade to 7 mbps… :cry:

my download speed is 500kb…

I pay for data, not speed 12 gig limit at 80$…yay