I thought they Said this game wasn't Pacific Rim?!?!

You ain’t getting away with it now…

0 Likes

Yeah, this. Are there no gamers in the future? Did nobody tell them how to spawn-camp?

Amateurs.

1 Like

This was a dig at a contingent of American … “thinkers” who think building a wall between America’s southern borders and Mexico is somehow going to end the threat of Al Quaeda – the director, señor Gillermo del Toro, is Mexican.

1 Like

A little late to the party here but, we need gopher-chucks!

3 Likes

Depends… What if the Wraith could evolve 50 times? Who’s to say they have to stop at stage 3? For all we know, there are monsters at stage 5000, the size of Earth itself floating in space. ^.^

0 Likes

Except that’s actually physically impossible.

0 Likes

What if another Wraith was feeding it food off other planets, to keep sustaining its evolutionary growth? ^.-

0 Likes

As in, a creature that size…do you know how much food it would need?

1 Like

Maybe they started a breeding program, and were feeding billions, upon billions of canyon striders to the Wraith.

1 Like

Still not enough. Still not even close to enough.

Regardless, I shall humor you and let you fantasize about this. Peace.

0 Likes

Why thank you Rose. :smile:

0 Likes

What if… it swam around space and ATE PLANETS!? I’ve got a good name for it, beginning with a “G”.

0 Likes

Yeah that’s about right. The current thinking behind dealing with enemies seems to be one of two things.

• Leave them be/ Build a Wall.
  • Give them stuff. In 2012 the president literally gave ISIS military drones and missiles in an attempt to make a peace pact. Wonder how that went.

Anywho, I don’t think we’ll ever know the gist behind the monster invasion.

0 Likes

Not sure where you got the Isis thing, but I don’t do actual politics around here. :blush:

0 Likes

A martial artist-type monster, focusing heavily on bursty, single-target damaging abilities would actually be awesome.

0 Likes

Heh, with these things I always think that most people won’t get it, won’t get the cultural influences of a movie or book and put too much value on it. Like with The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and that kind of stuff.

0 Likes

That’s the beauty of speculative fiction – Rod Serling and Gene Roddenberry both talked about how they wanted to tell contemporary stories, but couldn’t do it directly, so they dressed their ideas up in genre conventions and got away with some really subversive stuff on network TV!

0 Likes

Sure, that’s been the staple of science fiction since its inception, what I’m pointing is the lack of originality of the big “hits” in the modern media. This is besides intertextuality and influences, of course.

0 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair – Age of Ultron looks like it’s gonna be fuckin’ awesome, though! :laughing:

1 Like

That’s the corporate explanations. Maybe there’s more then meets the eye :wink:. Most notably the suits diverting the hunters what is really going on…

0 Likes