I have been battling a illness. It's time to make peace

Guys and gals,

I wont go into too much detail here. I have a illness that has zapped me down to the core. I was hospitalized with a blood pressure of 189/122 with my Weight at 108 Pounds which meant I had lost over 48 pounds. Then the news struck me down to the point of depression.

I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer.

I have a long recovery ahead of me and I am determined to come through on top. I’m exercising daily, taking therapy and eating better. My kids and my wife are my rock for I would of surely departed off this earth already. I am back at work but taking things lightly.

I’m glad to see many faces advancing through the ranks on here and the familiar faces carrying the torches lighting the path for those that come after us. It’s what we do as a community. We help each other grow.

If I depart this place it’s never good bye. It’s only a matter time when we all spawn at the drop ship.

Good luck and happy gaming!

I pray for your speedy recovery. Stay strong. I too know what its like to be ill. While its no cancer I have a very serious and life threatening illness I live with.

If you need help you can talk to me any time.

I’m so sorry to hear. :frowning:

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Oh snap! Be careful of that one rabid fox that’s lurking around in your neighborhood! :scream:

Thank you for sharing this with us Delsai, like CptBoomBoom said, please stay strong! I wish you recover quickly and I’m glad that you’re back with us!

hugs[quote=“Bot, post:3, topic:81048”]
Oh snap! Be careful of that one rabid fox that’s lurking around in your neighborhood! :scream:
[/quote]

Omg!! I remember that! :laughing:

Damn straight. Stay strong, fellow Evolve player. We’re here for you - we hunt as a pack, after all.

LOL! I almost forgot about that. Thanks for the best wishes!

I genuinely hope you recover friend. Be well.

well its always sad to say that you have that type of illness man well i wish you luck for you i would pray to you if i were christan but time to end it off (inside the head of this idiots mind. brain cell #1 how bout we make a reference brain cell #42 naw we doen to many of those *brain cell #10003 how bout we add a penis every brain cell ya) penis :stuck_out_tongue: (im sorry)

I wish ya the best homie I know a little old lady who has survived through 3 different cancers, thyroid being one of them. It may be hard but with family and friends behind ya, anyone can fight through it even you man :slight_smile:

I hope you make a speedy recovery, you’ll beat this I know you will. I’m not a religious man but my prayers go out to you. Rest well.

I don’t know what it’s like to be told my life is at risk or what it’s like to have children, but I do know what it’s like to fight through pain and against your inner demons.

When I was fifteen my dad disowned me and I lost all of my friends, and went through a major identity crisis. In the same year, my mom was told that she had slipped five discs in her back, and was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. Over the next seven months I stayed home, taking care of her at all times. I fell into a deep depression, and I gave in to self-harm as a coping method. At one point I was even hospitalized after a suicide attempt.

Life eventually got better, and I made a new friend who helped me through those dark times. My mom was able to overcome her condition with medication, and even got a job with the state tax organization.

Things were finally starting to look up, and then about a year later I began seeing a small black spot in the vision of my right eye. I told a friend that I was anxious about the spot, and stupidly enough I listened when he told me it was just a retinal burn from looking at a bright light.

So I neglected to mention it, until one day the spot became so bad that it prevented me from being able to read. When we went in to see the opthalmologist, we were told that I had suffered a retinal detachment, and that without immediate surgery to reattach it, I would risk total blindness or loss of the eye completely.

By the end of it, I had gone through three surgeries, two wrong glasses prescriptions, and almost three years of crippling agony. I had severe migraines every day until a little under six months ago, and I had to drop out of highschool because I could barely get out of bed on a good day.

To this day, and probably for the rest of my life, I’m still struggling with pain management, but I’m hoping to take my G.E.D and get a part time job in the next few months. I have decided that I want to be an author, and… I’m relatively happy. I have friends and a family who loves me, I’ve found faith, and I’m determined to keep fighting.

I hope that you continue to do the same, and that you’ll make it out alive. The world could use more loving fathers, and I would hate to lose such a brave hunter.

Stay strong, our thoughts are with you - wishing you a speedy recovery

Brought a tear to me eye reading this. Stay strong brother.

stay strong, my friend, fight until you cannot fight, and even if your best efforts don’t work, then don’t worry, as the force will always be with you.

Stay strong, I’ll be praying for you and keep your head up.
It’s a strange world where we are subject to living life in fear of death. It’s good to see you’re remaining positive through this and I honestly hope that you beat this. Either way everyone is cheering for you here and if you need to talk about it feel free to pm me. I wish there was more we could do, shoot, sometimes I wish I was a god so I could heal these sickness… But alas, friendship is all I have to offer. Best of luck m80

Fuck cancer, punch it right in the kisser.

That being said, I wish you all the best in recovering and overcoming this.

Hey man, I appreciate that you’ve spent so much time with us on the forums. I wish you and your family well and I really really hope we see you back here. I think I share the same sentiments as the others in this thread, fuck Cancer!

Brandon

I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour. Our best wishes are to you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.