Hunt 2.0 Knowledge Drop (New Info added 8/7/2015)

This really can’t come fast enough. I’m wondering if by placing Monster as my 5th preference then switching it to first if I’ll get more games as Monster.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Guys, take this stuff to a different thread, a mod is only going to delete it in the not to distant future. Keep this thread on topic.

Why does the leaderboard matter, and because they want them to be ready when they show them to you

So, wait, you’re disabling (the original) Hunt mode, which was skirmish, and replacing it with Hunt 2.0?

So i won’t be able to play a skirmish Hunt again? only ranked mode?

I don’t think so. It’s an additional gamemode, it’s not replacing anything as far as I know.

so… yeah i thought i saw that when i was reading through but wanted to ask again anyway…

Well, there’s your reassurance up there :arrow_up_small:

It sounds to me like the old hunt will be no more, it’s ranked play for hunt games, unless you’re solo or customing

Wow, I’m blind. I also didn’t actually read too thoroughly apparently. Derp…

Seems that way. I don’t see what the problem is tho, it’s like before, but as time goes by you will be matched with people that are around your performance level. Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Ha ha ha! Brilliant.

With regards our Hank discussions mate, no hard feelings i hope, just an overly passionate discussion.

With regards to this 2.0, i have to say i might be playing a lot of Evolve again. Half the reason i got fed up of playing was when my regular team all moved on and i realised the current matchmaker is terrible. This ranked system sounds almost too good to be true!

Only question now is WHEN? :smile:

EDIT: Oh and i think those badges are for the new hunter, the trapper. His suspected tricorn hat could in fact be a samurai helmet. Which would make the dual wielding swords/katana more apparent. Which would in turn make this guy off the chain levels of cool, as he has dual pistols as well.

It won’t be in Hunt 2.0, but we are planning on opening it up to other modes. I think we’re going to enable this for Arena mode first and see how it goes.

That’s a really good idea actually, Arena could possibly do with it more than hunt could!

Hunt 2.0 is going to be awesome. I am pretty excited for hopefully improved matchmaking and higher skill pub matches. I do wonder though if people will start only playing in premades to try and keep perfect records? Also, I am pretty sure someone must have made multiple accounts so that they can troll this thread and flag all comments! Otherwise… I suppose it could be a glitch?

We will be posting an official announcement for everyone regarding all the ‘flags’ in certain topics. Basically it boils down to this. It is against our community guidelines to post off-topic replies. Normally we are a bit more lax/lenient regarding this rule, however, going forward we will have a 0 tolerance policy of this in pinned/official announcement topics. Those topics (Like this one) are under many eyes to keep everyone up to date with pertinent and relevant information so we don’t have 800 posts when only 1/3 or 1/4 is actually relevant information. This should make it easier for people to understand what is going on without feeling overwhelmed with the amount of replies.