How would you rate the Star Wars movies on a 1-10 scale?

my personal opinions are:

A Phantom Menace 7/10
Attack of The Clones 5/10
Revenge Of The Sith 8/10
A New Hope 8/10
Empire Strikes Back 10/10
Return of the Jedi 7.5/10
The Force Awakens 9/10

what are your personal opinions?

A Phantom Menace 2/10
Attack of The Clones 6/10
Revenge Of The Sith 6/10
A New Hope 8/10
Empire Strikes Back 9/10
Return of the Jedi 7/10
The Force Awakens 9/10

I would give them a 8. Some are good, some aren’t.

I saw that ninja edit >: D

To be fair, it was my original one. I went 8 to 7 to 8 again :stuck_out_tongue:

God, The Phantom Menace put me to sleep. Can’t comment on any of the others aside from The Force Awakens (which was awesome) since I haven’t seen them in awhile.

master piece compared to AoTC

“i hate sand, it’s rough course, and gets everywhere”

This is how almost all the people that I know would rank them, including myself:

Ep 1: 1 out of 10
Ep 2: 2 out of 10
Ep 3: 3 out of 10
Ep 4: 9 out of 10
Ep 5: 8 out of 10
Ep 6: 9 out of 10
Ep 7: 9 out of 10

I give that one higher marks only because Duel of the Fates is fricken epic. It was also the best least used villain of all time (Darth Maul) :frowning: The rest wasn’t that great.

That’s why I gave it a 2 instead of a 0. :stuck_out_tongue:

One of my few complaints for the new movie is that there is no ‘new’ music that totally hit home like Duel of the Fates. :frowning:

good music in each movie

1: droid march and duel of the fates
2: arena theme
3: temple march, battle of coruscant, and battle of heroes
4: entire OST
5: imperial march, and battle of Hoth
6: Yub Nub

I miss this! I showed the original version to my wife who had no recollection of it…

A Phantom Menace: 8

Genuinely good story arc with some new characters that are great. Some unnecessary slapstick, some needless lore, but ultimately the downsides to this movie were few and more than made up for by some great performances, the best score of the franchise and a solid return to the universe.

Attack of the clones: 6

Visually impressive, but more gimmicky than the last. The story progresses nicely and the focus on Obi Wan as a maturing Jedi is pulled off well. But Hayden Christiansen.

Revenge of the Sith: 1

I hated it. Stupid plot direction, shoehorned progression to fit the timeline, Hayden Christiansen, stupid decisions by supposedly smart people, video game baiting series’ of events, wtf was Padme’s death all about, even more stupid explanations (or non-explanations) to why things that happened aren’t talked about in the original triology. And Hayden Christiansen. Basically only gets a point for Ewan McGregor.

A New Hope: 8

While important it’s a clearly simple film by comparison to others that have come after it. Well told, and sets the universe up perfectly for someone new to the films.

Empire Strikes Back: 10

The film doesn’t step wrong, anything that is wrong with the plot in terms of holes doesn’t even matter because the story is told well.

Return of the Jedi: 9

Sure it feels like a cash in, but it’s coherent, it has some of the most iconic scenes of the whole franchise and is a genuinely well rounded adventure with some thrilling set pieces.

The Force Awakens: 10

A thrilling ride, with a great new direction, with interesting characters that stand on their own two feet, and some interesting questions about the universe. Most importantly just a fun adventure which is what got people hooked on the original trilogy. The most complex villain of the series yet in Kylo Ren and an underlying mystery that is aching to be solved by the viewer as to what the hell went on in the last 30 years.

the main difference most people don’t see is that YN left the trilogy out to a new sequel, while the new theme makes it act as if ROTJ was the last SW movie, which is not the case.

Yeah but…Ewoks…

IMO Revenge of the Sith = best prequel

Shows the final transformation from Anakin and DV, shows so many awesome battles.

A piece of toilet paper with a stickman cartoon would show the final transformation of Anakin to Darth Vader, and it would be more poignant than RoTS

I might just be the right age, but I never had an issue with the Ewoks.

why do so many people hate ROTS?

it’s badass.

Edit: It’s probably best to start with the first one. I would love to have Disney reboot the prequels like this.