How hard is it to run evolve on PC

So I own evolve for PS4 and it runs fine. How hard is it to run evolve on the PC (with good fps and everything).

I don’t know my RAM or graphics card or anything like that, unfortunately. But I can play games like dungeon defenders 2, ESO, skyrim, and civ 5 on my PC no problem. I can’t run ARK though, that’s to much.

With the free weekend coming up and all my friends off to different colleges, we were wondering if we would be able to run evolve on PC?

Mmmmmaybe. Hang on, I know a good site to test it on.

1 Like

If you follow this link on the PC you want to play Evolve on it should tell you whether you meet at least the minimum requirements or not- if one thing doesn’t pass you might not be so lucky but it might run it. I know mine did for a good while up until I was forced to buy a new gfx card. XD

Minimum:
Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600 / Athlon 64 X2 6400
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compliant Sound card
Recommended:
Processor: Core i7-920 / A8-3870K
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / ATI Radeon R9 280
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compliant Sound card

Run dxdiag it will tell u your pc specs

1 Like

Alright thanks guys, I’ll try it and post the results when I get home from work.

I have Windows 10, GTX 760, 8GB of RAM and i5 PC. I get around 60 FPS on medium.

Ok I followed the link and ran the test. I can run it on minimum, but not the recommended settings. I’ll still get it since it’s a free weekend though. Thank you again for the helpful info!

It is fine if you can barely run it :stuck_out_tongue: I run it at the lowest graphics and at the lowest resolution and I can not run it at 60 fps, hell, it barely runs at 30 :stuck_out_tongue: But I is still a goods hunter!

If my computer was better I would be able to be even better. I KNOW it.

Stuck to my craptop for now though :cry:

Estimated download time is 10 and a half hours… Hopefully it’s done before my computer science class tomorrow haha

So now that it’s finally done downloading 2 days later it seems I won’t be able to play it :frowning:. Even on the lowest graphics my fps is terrible.

Did you try lowering your resolution as well?

Hey that worked! I put the resolution on 800 x 600 and it runs pretty good now. The graphics kinda suck but atleast the game works!

Sounds exactly like me… 300 hours of this is on my library. sigh it hurts.

Anyone know what VSync does? For maximum preformance, is it best to have this disabled or on?

TURN IT OFF!!! It will screw you over sooo damn hard in terms of framerate.

I forgot what it was exactly. Something about smooth framerate? idk.

Just turn it off.

Vsynch locks the frame rate at 60FPS.
That way you don’t have to deal with the frame rate changing wildly if it tends to go fluctuate wildly over 60 often.
If you have less then 60FPS it will do nothing for you.
Unless you enable the Nvidia half rate vsyc option, i forgot what its called which locks your FPS at 30FPS.

Monitors have a set refresh rate, either 30, 60, or 144 usually.
Most monitors are 60, and fancier gaming monitors go all the way up to 144Hz.
A games frame rate not matching the monitor’s refresh rate can cause what is known as “tearing”.

If this happens often and becomes annoying, enable vsync.

Some people do not like using v-sync because it introduces slight millisecond delays. This is bad for twitch shooters like COD and CS:GO, but should be fine for Evolve in my opinion.

Some games give you the option to just lock the frame rate at a maximum, but since Evolve does not have this I just enbale V-Sync to have a consistent 60FP so my gaming experience is consistent and enjoyable.

My advice would be never to give advice on something you have no clue about :wink:

Anywoo,
Vertical Sync puts a limit on your frame rate and caps it to your current Refresh Rate which is decided by your current setting in Windows, which in turn is limited by what options are available for the supported refresh rates for the current resolution you’re using, by your monitor.

Vertical Sync is only ever useful if you experience loads of screen tearing as shown in the picture linked above by HostileParadox.
Apart from that, it induces input lag, which is every gamer’s nightmare, I’d even prefer seeing image tearing. ;D

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I get like 10-15FPS on the lowest possible video settings. It’s fine for solo, but in multiplayer when I’m being focused by the monster its not very good.