How Difficult is it to reach the skill ceiling of each Character?(polls)

So we’ve had Skill to Understand polls before, and TRS has used the results to post the in-game Easy, Moderate, or Challenging difficulties.

But I’m interested now more than ever to record how difficult each character is to master(not eliting, I mean how high the skill ceiling of the character is), right before the big changes come in TU09.

Oh, also:

TRS has used the terms Easy, Moderate, and Challenging for Skill to Understand, so to cut down on confusion, I will use different terms.

A(Single A): Easy to Master
AA(Double A): Moderate to Master
AAA(Triple A): Difficult to Master

Monsters

Goliath

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Kraken

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Elder Kraken

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Wraith

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Behemoth

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Gorgon

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Medics

Val

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Rogue Val

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Lazarus

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Caira

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Slim

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Emet

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Supports

Hank

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Tech Sgt. Hank

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Bucket

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Cabot

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Sunny

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Kala

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Trapper

Maggie

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Wasteland Maggie

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Griffin

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Abe

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Crow

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Jack

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Assault

Markov

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Blitz Markov

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Hyde

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Parnell

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Torvald

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Lennox

• A
  • AA
  • AAA

0 voters

Thanks,

The Index Team :sunny:

Wait. …i thot this poll was to rate how hard it is to master, meaning, how hard it is to understand and utilize them in the absolute best of your own abilities.
If this is about the eliting of the characters then i need to revote lolz

@BobZomb1e is right.

I’m not asking how hard it is to elite specific characters, I’m asking how hard it is to MASTER them. As in know the in and outs of the character and perform well with them.

Yay i dont have to revote!
I had thot you had explained it well enough @chrono, but Xplosioninc’s post had me doubting my understanding.
I hope more people vote soon, its still too early to discuss results yet.
sits and patiently waits with arms crossed

Slim and Crow are by far the hardest for me to master still.

I think Lazarus is hardest to master, knowing when to cloak and when to go for the revive. Any smart monster player will either try focus down Laz or camp the body denying a revive. He can’t heal apart from the HB which is on a cooldown, I would say he’s definitely not for new comers of the game. He should probably be moved to tier 3 after TU9 nerfs so players can first get used to Val/Caira before playing Lazarus

Easiest is definitely Hyde/Markov; just get in the monster’s face and use all your ammo on it, switch to your utility/secondary during cooldown/reload, and switch back again, and pop your shield when your being focused

As for monsters, I don’t have any experience playing them because I hate playing as the monster

Didn’t I do this poll earlier…

Yes. I changed the name of the topic to more clearly explain it

As of right now lenny harder to use than torvald :upside_down:

How can anyone possibly think either kraken is difficult to master? Also, goliath is easy to be good with but he’s hard to master. And how is wraith easy? Easier now with hotbox change.

About sums it up for me too.

You keep spelling thought like “thot” on purpose, right?

Ofcourse lolz.

Dammit how do I revote?
I didnt read anything, just wanted to click buttons :blush:

If you think Emet was easy to master you are smoking something. And I want it.

Eh. I think he’s pretty easy. Like most of the skills you needs aren’t really practice skills, they’re more a thought problem. You don’t practice Emet in game, you think through his playstyle before hand and then executing everything is rather easy.

If that makes any sense at all.

Sunny, for example, is the opposite. Everything is more in the moment and can’t really be decided pre-emptively. You don’t have a rotation for Sunny. You do the priority. Emet has a rotation.

Again, I hope that makes sense.

Woooooooooops… @chrono yeah, didn’t see this. Emet is hard as piss to elite
You should change the titles because master and elite are the same thing.

Master is one of the tiers to Eliting. Eliting is the final tier.
Nobody cares too much about the other tiers, so I felt Master was an easy enough word to use its actual meaning.

I’ll change it anyway.

Because a lot of the things that make kraken shine at a competitive level revolve largely around the use of unintuitive mechanics.

Even on the forums here where the majority of the community had access to quite a bit of information about what makes kraken powerful, I will VERY confidently state that many are still in the dark on a lot of the subtle tricks and strategies a properly competitive kraken player knows to utilize.

Just my 02 cents anyways. the specific things that have TRULY made kraken the competitive King, are well beyond what MOST players ae capable of or even know to do

This said however I agree with the other bits of your post. Especially Goliath. He’s straight forward and intuitive to pick up but mastering his nuances is quite the feat. The same can and should be said for wraith. I think people feel she’s easy to master because most wraiths they cross have probably tended largely to just run run run and then wipe them at stage 3 Because of minimal health loss through out the game. irregardless of how good EITHER side actually was - without realizing that this is questionably viable against “good teams”

Agreed with the Wraith. A lot of my strategies did not pop up overnight since I don’t do the typical FT3 most Wraith players pick up in pubs. I play an aggressive Wraith, learning when you can cut off a fleeing hunter with traversals, making a kill box, etc. That is NOT easy.