How dare TRS Insane say esports aren't real sports

This is the worst PR that has ever happened to evolve :scream_cat:

1 Like

Oh boy, here we go :hushed:

opening debate book to chapter 21…

1 Like

Nah they are right. Mashing buttons on keyboard is not a sport

4 Likes

These kinds of debates are pretty pointless. The only reason I’ve seen as to why they are called sports is to give the participants the benefits an athlete would have. Things like passports for travel come to mind.

Sport-an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Competition -the act of competing; rivalry for supremacy, a prize, etc.:

Tournament -
a trial of skill in some game, in which competitors play a series of contests:
a chess tournament.

a meeting for contests in a variety of sports, as between teams of different nations.

dont mind me just pasting nonsense. im bored! but its odd that the example of a tourney would be chess…which is not physical. but the meeting of contest includes a variety of sports.

2 Likes

I was moderating on the stream and never heard this. I did, however, distinctly remember the chat arguing about it for a good 10 minutes. What did you hear?

Esports are not activity type sports. Not energy taxing as such. Not in the same way as swimming or running.

I have a lot of respect for people who participate in Esports - they have serious skills, but I agree it’s not a “sport” in that way, although if you mess with the definitiion, I’m sure it technically is.

Not sure why people care about arguing about a tag.

EDIT :
@kyronr600 it’s mentally taxing, but not physically taxing as such.

3 Likes

I completely agree, its like saying Paintball isn’t a sport. XD that was a terrible example…

Edit: My point was that it doesn’t matter what they call it.

lies after a mediocre esl sunday im drained…and i played other sports my whole life so im not “out of shape”

Video games are not sports by definition. Just because they can get sports visas doesn’t make them a sport. It just means the governments don’t care enough to give them their own type of visa.

8 Likes

Oh Cory, it’s too late now :s

1 Like

2 Likes

Obvious trolling post is obvious. Closing this thread.

4 Likes