Since we have the stats for the first week of play with this game (seen here: https://downloads.2kgames.com/evolvev3/images/articles/evolve_launch_info_lg3.jpg )
I think we have some grounds to improve things, using this data for a guide.
Monster Level Win Rate:
The lvl 1 monsters seem to be the only issue here. My thought to increase this number from 1-in-10 to closer to 1-in-5 (20%) would be increase the power of the lvl 1 abilities, and equally decrease the power gain in the lvl 2 abilities. (I.e.: Increase Rock Throw damage by 25% at rank 1, and decrease the gain of rock throw at lvl 2 by 25%). That way the powers have a bit more kick in the early game, but remain constant in power stats for the rest - making these numbers remain constant.
This needs some looking at. If some hunters are more appealing than others, in needs to be checked. Every hunter should be as equally good as its class peers (cause I am getting sick of seeing Cabot in EVERY game these days! And I play mostly as Hunters!!).
Numbers are quite decent here. Parnel could use a slight buff to take 4% of popularity from Hyde, though I feel this group is based more on coolness factor over gameplay (Hyde is pretty psycho - and we sick bastards seem to love it!)
Abe is clearly dominant here. The coolness factor of bounty hunter + cowboy helps, but I think we could pull his kit down a bit to make him less ‘celebrity’ (which is a shame since he is my main Hunter ). My thoughts
- Reduce Tracking Dart duration by 10% (I believe that would make it 5-seconds shorter, which is subtle, but could work)
- Reduce Slow Grenades radius effect by 5-10% (compared to the harpoons, there is minimal skill needed here. Just lob them around. Pulling the radius in would increase the need to be more accurate on where you throw them).
Poor Val. I don’t blame the others for it though - Laz and Caira are cool - but Val is lacking just in power effect. They can get off 5/ 10 shots with their weapon before reload, she only gets one. They have decent escapes (cloak/ run), she can only slow down the inevitable brute comming at her. Their heals are great (AoE heal and ressurection). Hers is slow and reveals her location (odd since she’s a spy… figured she’d be more subtle).
My thoughts for Val:
- Increase reload speed on the rifle by 20% so she can put the hurt out more often.
- Increase the duration of her ‘weakspots’ on the monster by 300% - make them last three times as long as Lazarus’ to make the reload requirement have a pay off from damage duration
- While a Monster is Tranquilized, its stamina regeneration is paused - meaning it cannot regain empty dash/ leap/ lurch
- Nerf Caira’s heal by 15%. Its an explosion of healing gel. It shouldn’t be as effective as a focus healing beam. Pulling this down would certain bump Val up.
Cabot’s damage amp is just crazy brutal with a decent team. It basically causes the whole monster to be one big weakpoint, in ADDITION to the actual weakpoints. If two hunters are attacking the monster while the amp is on, its suffering the damage of x4 hunters (i.e.: the two hunters damage is doubled). If the whole team is attacking while the amp is on, thats x6 times the damage - and thats not even counting the damage increase from hitting headshots and weakpoints. It also requires minimal skill to use - just point and hold.
A simple fix for this:
- Reduce Damage Amp multiplier by 25% (i.e.: 75% damage increase). This would have the following effect
- Two hunters attacking the monster normally deal 200% damage. With the amp on they deal 350% damage (essentially three hunters, plus some damage support).
- Three hunters attacking the monster would deal 300%. With this amp, that would increase to 525%. Thats the damage output of 5 hunters and some minor support.