This has been in the planning for a while (but please forgive me since I don’t yet have the official guild logo created), but I want to create a guild for both hunters and monsters alike for Evolve: Stage 2. The intention is to create a higher level of play among members and eliminate the “unfairness-feeling factor” in what otherwise should be gentlemanly games.
To become an official member of the guild, one needs only submit to the standard rules of play and include an after-tag (HCG) to attach to their gamer tag on Steam. (Example: SledgePainter [HCG].) If you are already a member of a team, you can of course keep the team tag ahead of your name as well. This will serve to immediately identify players, as this is an open-invitation guild.
MONSTROSITY RULES (Monster Players):
- No use of any of the 3 tiers of Leech perks.
- No pounce-finishing the last hunter.
PLANET TAMER RULES (Hunter Players):
- No use of any of the 3 tiers of Beyond the Grave perks.
- No usage of “god domes” when they occur.
GENERAL RULES/INFO. for Hunt and/or Custom matches:
(In Hunt Beta it is understood that matches sadly cannot be restarted)
- If you wear the HCG tag, you are expected to follow the rules at all times for all of your games, regardless if you are facing other guild members or not.
- If a monster gets “stuck” in a dome and unable to fight (example: a monster evolves next to a wall and then becomes too large to escape the spot they are in due to dome wall), the dome must be taken down.
- If the monster is unable to use abilities (sometimes due to evolving glitch), the match will be restarted.
- If any player is unable to fight due to a glitch (like a character becomes frozen), the match will be restarted.
- If any player requests a match restart, it is considered on both sides, usually permitted
- No tea-bagging (exception between friends or within the same organized team), gloating, show-boating, sore winners or sore losers, no shaming, no blaming.
- No purposeful disconnecting.
- When a disconnect occurs, players will wait in place for the player to reconnect, if able.
- No use of Macros
- No use of aim assists
- No cheating of any kind
- No abusing glitches (examples: fast melee, Kala portals at out-side of map boundaries, quick-swapping to reload faster, glitching into the environment to not take damage etc. Acceptable glitch use example: the sliding rock-throw/ability from a cliff, as it happens accidentally in games).
Basically, guild members will want fair games, fair matches, fair play, and good sportsmanship from the start of the match until the end. Nobody wants to feel like they were robbed of a victory due to certain abuses or glitches. There is a lot of this that falls within the honor system but if you are interested in becoming a High Caliber member, you are probably already doing most of these things naturally anyway. The lists above are subject to change, however the main idea is high class play throughout.
What is a God Dome?
- A “god-dome” is an instance wherein hunters can squeeze through a small gap between the environment and the dome wall but the monster cannot. In such instances the hunters can typically deal damage to the monster while the monster cannot necessarily do the same back. Hunters abuse this to get healing and avoid damage before re-entering the fight. It’s very situational and an accidental in occurrence. When it does occur, hunters are expected to fight AWAY from the area, and monsters likewise should avoid that area of the dome so as not to encourage non-intentional using of the area.
Why Are God-Domes Not Permitted?
- They encourage frustration to the monster player. Also, it is my belief that the game developers altered the dome throw to center above the monster because of monsters getting “stuck” in domes and also to avoid instances of god-domes.
Why Is Pounce-Finishing Not Permitted?
- They encourage frustration to the hunter players. While pouncing is a legitimate strategy in-game to get more damage, using it at the end of a match on the last hunter prevents them a feeling of honest defeat.
Why Are Leech Perks Not Permitted?
- They encourage frustration to the hunter players. These perks did not have a chance to get balanced by the development team.
Why Are Beyond the Grave Perks Not Permitted?
- They encourage frustration to the monster player. These perks did not have a chance to get balanced by the development team.
Why Have a Guild?
- It helps people find other like-minded players.
- I want to eventually get enough members to have a tournament for guild-only members, with in-guild prizes.
- This helps players distinguish who is willing to follow the aforementioned codes of conduct.
- I want to encourage a higher standard of play among Evolve players.