Hey folks, bought evolve today

Just wanted to say hello.I couldn’t find any introductions category but anyway.I’am playing games for over 20 years now mostly rpgs, adventures and the occasional shooter.I was excited about this game for some time now but the dlc amount and pricing put me of for a long time.Now that the game is only 30 euro i decided to buy, give it a chance.While i haven’t played it yet (the 12 gb patch is still downloading) i would like to have some beginners advice.Any useful infos maybe.

Thanks for your ansers, looking forward to play the game.I’am on xbox one btw.

Oh and excuse my english it’s not the best.

Xbox one: KriegerLoki

16 Likes

And here I was hoping to train you up for me to be a senpai like mine own ;-;

And also Welcome to Shear

• Words of caution, Shear protects itself
3 Likes

Well which side do you prefer, hunter or monster? Also, I’m on XBone too. We should play together. My GT is Rapterror9.

1 Like

Well dlc pricing is a lot cheaper now, but I play on xbox one xx BA scooby xx if you ever see me on I will play and help you out.

And here I was, hoping I could be a Monster Hunter with you on Shear ;-;

I am now going to leave this thread, cus everyone will either be on XB1 or PC ;-;

2 Likes

I’am sry i have to disappoint you;-)

1 Like

Advice for new Evolve players: Bring lube.

3 Likes

Wat Dat? O.O

Thanks for the nice welcome guys.My xbox gamertag is: KriegerLoki

My timezone is Berlin.So feel free to add me, send me a request.

1 Like

Thx i’ll do.The patch has downloaded 14% so it might take 3 or 4 hours…12 gb patch is huge

I haven’t played it yet.I just installed the game and now it is downloading the big patch.But will play both…can’t tell which i would prefer i have wait and see:-)

You seem like the… Support Type :support: O.O
(I tend to be wrong >.<)

1 Like

@McGurk I hope you like the game! I can’t get enough of it.

It may seem difficult at first but that is because it is a different kind of multiplayer game. Each loss is a chance to learn. Have fun!

1 Like

Okay, well tell me when it’s done. We can play customs or pubs, your choice. I can give you pointers while we play.

2 Likes

~Watches from a distance~

1 Like

You’re might be right with that.I watched a few videos on every class and most of the characters.From the gameplay i’ve seen, trapper and suppoort look good to me.Medic and assaulft are probably the most straight forward classes.Heal and shoot.But i have to wait untill the patch is finished to try everything myself.

1 Like

If you are looking for advice, there are many threads. Here are the ones for the characters you’ll have unlocked at the start.

If playing hunter, I would check out this thread too:

Other than that, welcome to Evolve :smile:!

4 Likes

A) Stay away from the Mammothbirds. Like, seriously. Y’know, those two-legged bastrds with weird tentacles instead of a mouth? Just don’t get close to them. Ever.

B) Actually, thinking about this, you should stay away from most things on Shear, really. The only exception would be your teammates.

4 Likes

If I were to have any actual advice other than bring lube, I would say just play solo for a long time. A new player in this game wont stand a chance in pubs, and you would be losing it for your team. Just practice first.

2 Likes

Thanks, also i think it is a nice change in mechanics and gameplay from the regular shooter garbage.I played enough Dooms, Bloods, Battlefields etc.Not saying they are bad but i’ve seen, played all before.But this game has some fresh ideas.I like that!

2 Likes