Help me look at Pcs Colonists

I know these is a pretty weird thing, but most the people on here are some of nicest folk I’ve met, and recently I have begun considering selling my consoles in favor of a pc, because personally I’m tired of most of their limitations and the whole xbox Scorpio and ps4.5 isn’t very exciting considering how expensive things on console are getting.

So I’m just looking at MAYBE getting a $500-$600 pc, I’m actually pretty interested in a Alienware alpha, but I’ve heard things about getting the more expensive models at much cheaper prices, but I’m not so sure if it’s the real deal or a scam.Just browsing atm, feel free to suggest something you think is good out of experience, or just out of computer smarts, because I have 0 knowledge about computer specs/builds.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER Buy an Alienware computer. You can buy the same computer for $300 cheaper. Your paying for the brand then, not the computer.

And honestly, I don’t think it’s worth selling your consoles because with that price, you could probably play evolve on pretty low to medium settings.

Keep your console, its better to have both than only one I say.

Well damn then, anything else?

Get a cheap prebuilt, not a horrible premade that you’ll have heaps of problems that are not able to be easily fixed.

What consoles do you have?

I’m talking about selling my Xbone and ps4 atm, I’ll awlays keep my Wii U though, like how I keep all my nintendo consoles stuff.

Your better off keeping them IMO.

If you’re going to use the PC for just games, keep those consoles, and just wait a bit more.

I definitely wouldn’t be getting a pc just for gaming for sure my current pc is a brick, and was a overpriced office computer the guy selling it insisted was a “gaming computer” that I bought when i was naive.Other then that I am just tired of the console market itself, although many people would probably say I’m just desperate to play stage 2 (which i do) I do already have a decent steam library.

I say to save up a bit more and get a PC that will last you a year or two without any problems, or having to upgrade or replace parts.

Frankie! Obviously he’s hacking in that video.

Althought I appreciate the help, I need to note that the pc I’m looking for is $500-$600, not $350-$400

The 350-400 is in pounds XD

You will have all the ignorant people in the world telling you “bla! a $400 PC can crash a console” etc etc, but being 500% realistic here, a $500-$600 pre-build PC is not gonna get your a PC to play games nearly as good as PS4, if you go DIY, it can get close but not quite, even though this PC will get out matched very quickly before you know it. like other poster said, I would keep your console if I were you.

Just being realistic here, go with gaming PC is a very expensive habit, you will need to have a budget for it. upgrade isn’t just strick to video card or CPU, I built my whole rig for $2000 and I expect to upgrade my video card every 2-3 years and CPU every 4-6 years along with other components. if you think 3 years & $300 upgrade is too much, then console will ended up being a better choice.

Well, darn

Well I guess I can wait a bit if that’s the unfortunate truth.I guess this thread can die now. (I now realize that may sound pretty negative, but that’s not the intent)

Sorry if I sound negative here, but I tried to give you a 200% realistic picture without fanboy-ism involved to help you make your decision. But on the bright side, keep in mind that with the recent new AMD/Nvidia GPU’s mid range GPU launch, if you go with DYI(Do it yourself) you can probably get a rig at least plays evolve far better than your console. But it will likely require another GPU upgrade once new console launches.

Check out this Topic!

Hmmm, i would recommend you to keep ur console, maybe for other games , some other time ?

Anyway, Welcome to evolve PC … :smiling_imp:

A quality mid-range computer at the sub 600 dollar range. This is where builds start to demonstrate console obsolescence. Will meet the requirement for the Oculus Rift if you swap out the gpu for a R9-390.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI H110M ECO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: *G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: *Sapphire Radeon R9 380 2GB ITX Compact Video Card ($158.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.97 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $614.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-11 06:19 EDT-0400