Hello! I am your new Community Manager~

Gotta love a children’s book that unequivocally labels all people in a single group as ‘bad’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh…ok then.

I never noticed this, but it’s interesting that the 4 schools kinda align well with the 4 personality colors.

Slytherin - Reds are the power wielders of the world. Reds use logic, vision and determination. From a Red perspective, emotion has nothing to do with completing tasks.

Strengths
Reds are: Action-oriented, Assertive, Confident, Decisive, Determined, Disciplined, Obsessive, Independent, Logical, Pragmatic, Proactive, Productive, Responsible, and Task-Dominant.

Gryffindor - Life is a sequence of commitments for blues. They thrive on relationships and willingly sacrifice personal gain. Blues are highly demanding perfectionists. They can be distrusting and worry prone. They are complex and intuitive and can be very opinionated. Blues can also be emotional and moody. Blues can be self-righteous and insecure and can also be very self-disciplined and sincere.

Strengths
Blues are steady, ordered and enduring. Blues love with passion. They bring culture and dependency to society and home. They are highly committed and loyal. They are comfortable in creative environments. They strive to be the best they can be.

Hufflepuff - Motivated by Peace, Whites will do anything to avoid confrontation. Their only demands from life are the things that make them feel comfortable. That feeling fosters their need to feel good inside.

Strengths
Whites are kind, considerate, patient and accepting. They are devoid of ego. They are good at constructing thoughts that did not exist before, just from careful listening and taking time to think things through.

Ravenclaw - Yellows are motivated by fun. They are here to have a great time. They are known for being spontaneous, optimistic, and sometimes self-centered.

Strengths
Yellows are enthusiastic. They are very persuasive. They are spontaneous in nature. They are always looking for something new to do.

Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartman_Personality_Profile

Yep, I’d probably be a Hufflepuff. *snorts…never liked this house name but badgers are relentless. They won’t pick a fight but they will finish it. That stubborn streak is me.

“There’s no witch or wizard who went bad who wasn’t in Slytherin.”

:thinking: Wait…what…

:open_mouth: That name is from the famed witch Helga Hufflepuff!

Our Lady of Ass-Kicking Badgers.

Edit:Add? Wtf mountain… :unamused:

First, I think thats a terribly gross overstatement, but lets say that this is true. Just because ‘some’ Slytherin were ‘bad/evil’ doesn’t mean ALL Slytherin are bad/evil.

And in that respect, there were definitely people from different houses who did evil/bad things even in the books. Yes, the more notorious ones might be, but thats like saying all red personalities are evil because most heinous acts in history are because of people in authoritative leadership roles.

No no, I totally agree. That sentence is just wrong in so many ways. #Hagrid

IIRC the comment was made by Hagrid, who might not have made a 100% accurate and unbiased assessment.

Gilderoy Lockhart was not a Slytherin and was bad, not a Death Eater, but – harms others for his own gain, without a care. Also, super annoying.

On some notable Slytherin characters:

Snape – Tempted into evil, but redeemed before the story even began. Yes, he’s a dick. But not bad.

Draco – Tempted into evil, turns out to have a core of decency that stops him from going through with it.

Slughorn – basically decent, with no evil intent at all. Gets manipulated by Riddle, tries to protect himself from consequences in a cowardly way.

Edit: started typing before I saw your last comment @TheMountainThatRoars

To be fair to Hagrid though, it’s easy to see why he might make a blanket condemnation like that. If you ARE evil, Slytherin is the logical choice to help you achieve your aims. If there was no House Slytherin, I figure they’d go into Ravenclaw, because knowledge is power.

Edit: and the very last place they’d ever go would be Hufflepuff. Imagine a future dark wizard looking at a Hufflepuff brochure: “honesty, loyalty, humility, tireless hard workers… OH, F THAT”

Perceived

Sounds like villain bread and butter!

Severus Snape
Regulus Black
Merlin
Horace Slughorn
Andromeda Tonks

All Slytherins, and not all bad. Slytherins are merely cunning and determined to succeed.

But they would make such a great undead loyal army of followers! :smiley:

Yes! Exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

I told my daughter about Tonks and was swiftly corrected: she was a Hufflepuff.

Her mom was a Slytherin though I bet.

Update: I’m dumb

Looks like you may be talking about two different Tonks, judging by the first names.

You’re right. And Skills was right. Reading comprehension fail