This change is majorly intented to make pubs more enjoyable for Hunters and will take away some tactical depth of combat. If you are a Monster or pro player, please stop reading here, as I am sure you will only hate it.
Pubs can be frustrating for everyone participating. The more frustrating they are, the more people leave. This is why I would like to take some frustration away. Specifically from Medics, who get a lot of shit when they cant do their job.
More specifically, it is for Palladin Parnell and Caira. Their healing projectiles can get stuck on a lot of things in the battlefield, sometimes even the Monster or teammates. This is not really fun. Sometimes your target runs out of line of sight too, which is not fun either. Or it dodges into the air which makes it nigh impossible to heal them.
This is why I think these changes would make the pub experience for medics more enjoyable:
- Proximity detonation
- If a hurt Hunter is within the healing range of the grenade/rocket it explodes on hits own
- The projectiles wont get absorbed by Hunters that are at full health
- Makes it possible to reliably heal Hunters in mid-air.
- Healing projectiles can pass through walls
- This would allow to heal them at all times, even when they are stupid enough to break LOS or the Monster blocks the shots
- It should have a limited range though
- This could also be applied to the Medguns
- Would allow every Medic to heal 100% through a Rock Wall, not just Emet and Lazarus
- Once Slim is no longer OP, he could recharge his healburst on the Rock Wall again to do the same thing
- This would make Rock Wall an ability that blocks the Movement of the target, not Movement and Healing