Hank Fullshielding himself, pretty broken (logged)

Sooooo, it’s pretty broken. I had my doubts about it’s legitness, but a friend showed me in a custom that it’s possible. Essentially, you take full class cdr perks, and spam it. Then once you have below 600 shield, you use the class ability and it boosts you up to full shield like so. Apparently, because you’re not at the 600 shield cap, you can trick the game into giving you more personal shield.

First time I encountered this, I though the guy was hacking tbh. It honestly needs to be nerfed, as now it makes it difficult to even focus hank himself.

http://puu.sh/q8lZw.jpg

1 Like

1. This is Tech Sgt. Hank not regular hank for clarification.

2. This is a confirmed bug and is being worked on.

Changed category to "Bugs"

1 Like

Nope, not THank. Normal Hank. I dont have a way to capture video unfortunately to prove it, but simply testing it should prove it.

You can’t test it and trust me this is TSH. Hank cannot shield himself; the only way he can is with his shield burst and even then it doesn’t stick to him so either this is a hacker (which I doubt) or it’s Tech Sgt. Hank.

That’s exactly what I said hank is doing. Hank gets a stronger shield on himself when he uses his class ability, and it decays as a slower rate than on everyone else. Notice how the medic in the screenshot doesnt have the same amount of shield. If it was TSH, then the medic would have the same shield. That’s hank we’re looking at.

His still decays so it would be impossible for Hank to receive that much shielding. It decays far too quickly.

Regardless of the medic’s shielding that doesn’t mean it’s not. He could’ve easily done it earlier in the match or just used his burst outside of the medic’s range or the medic could’ve taken damage.

Again, this is either a hacker (which I HIGHLY doubt) or Tech Sgt. Hank abusing the current shielding exploit.

I said hank’s class ability decays. However, it decays at a very slow amount on him, something like 20 per second. By taking full class cdr perks like I explained, you can get the next class ability shield up again before it has completely decayed, thus allowing you to stack the shields. However, the game doesn’t let you get more than 600 shield or so, but by using the class shield below the 600 threshold, the game lets you have more shield for whatever reason and boosts you up that much higher.

Looks like it is possible if you’re not actively taking damage from the monster.

http://puu.sh/q8pXZ/20a57fcad3.jpg

That’s the highest I got the shields on myself (and you can see it got pretty high on the bots too). The cooldown was around 15~16 seconds with both class ability recharges at max.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you for proving that it was normal Hank. I would have posted a similar screenshot myself, but dont have all the class cdr perks.

Like I said though, it’s pretty absurd for a hank to be able to do that to himself.

@10shredder00

1 Like

Well shit. I was wrong; sorry for insisting I wasn’t.

That just makes it even more ridiculous.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! We actually put in a fix for this and will be coming out with a future patch.

4 Likes

Update: Tried class CDR myself, and yeap, it’s completely broken. Better thank capacity/reload

This is a legit game too. Was’t boosting
http://puu.sh/qa4ef.jpg

to be honest I don’t think its just for hank. if hank can do it all supports surely should be able to do it personally I don’t think the perk needs nerfing I just think the max amount of shields should be the same as the current sheild burst.apart from this exploit I don’t see the perks being very good for supports ,as I think reload and cap depending on what support, is so much better

I think if you nurf the perk it will hurt other hunters to much like val and r val and will hurt emet even more then he is already hurting and the same with laz and that they may then be considered almost useless, if the perks get nerfed. I’m just saying please be carful about how you change this please. don’t just go o we will nerf the perk and forget about every other hunter please

they’ve already got a fix in for the next balance patch for hank to stop this. They’re reducing the amount of shield from 700-625ish, and the decay rate is being increased from 25 per second to 35 to second. This should fix the problem, without too harsh of a nerf.

Tech hanks shields more for his team, How?

Use shield charger to your teamate, and right before it give him 100% . Use shield burst while hooking him up with the shield charger

I only play tech hank once and I figure this thing out . Wonder how devs didn’t notice it

@Xboxlove, this is currently logged and the devs are working on a fix. :slight_smile:

This is not the same thing

Have you read my thread

This is or this isn’t the same thing? If not, you mind explaining how your issue is different?

Ok

You don’t understand

I ll try to explain it

If you use shield charger to your teamate, it will charge them completely 100 % and the animation shows half of health bar is filled with shield.

If you use shield charger but don’t fully charge it. Combine it with shield burst. You will get like around 120% of shield to your teamate

Like in the picture that Aramet posted here?