Guardians of the Galaxy

With the release of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, I thought it would be reasonable to create a topic about it.

For those who have not heard of the film, it is a Marvel film featuring the group of characters that make up part of “Guardians of the Galaxy”.
Do you plan to watch the film Thursday night or Friday if you plan to watch it all?
Do you think it will be a good/bad movie?
Do you want to have your own Rocket Raccoon?
Etc.

I CANNOT wait for the movie. I think it will do well AND who wouldn’t love a sarcastic and hilarious raccoon that is a tactical and demolitions expert.

Yes I am SO looking forward to this movie, me and my dad are both huge Marvel fans and we plan to see it probably next Tuesday as it’s always a Tuesday deal or something on cinema tickets, so I probably won’t see it this Thursday/Friday. Also the theatres will probably be packed those two days anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a different note, this forum really needs a “Films & Television” and “Other Video Games” section for all our video game and film related topics here. :smiley:

On another different note, is your profile picture Super Mario World? Because that game is brilliant!

I am really looking forward to this movie. I did not read the comics, sadly, but I really like the characters from the trailer. The actor that plays Starlord, Chris Pratt is HILARIOUS and I am excited to see him in a big blockbuster.

I also don’t think this movie will take itself very seriously, so I like that as well. All and all I think this will be a great film and I plan to see it on opening night with my wife.

I’m sure it’ll do well and I’m thinking it’ll be a good movie. For me personally, I’m not planning on seeing it. I think I’ve finally hit the point of being completely burnt out on Marvel/Super Hero movies. I know I’m in the minority here but oh well. Lol

BLASPHEMY! One can never tire of superheroes! :stuck_out_tongue:

@SlinkyGuy I second the new section idea. Good one.

But aren’t the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kind of super heroes though? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha!! The one last one that I actually really want to see is that Batman vs Superman movie. That’s should be pretty BA!

@Ultima12 See, that’s funny… This is a movie I personally have no interest in. How the heck does Batman fight Superman? Superman has SUPERHUMAN strength! How does Batman compete? I guess he can use his money to buy up some krytonite and wreck Superman with it… But that would be so cliche and boring.

Seriously, I don’t get where DC is going with this idea…

@SlinkyGuy

No!!! Well, kind of :slight_smile:

@TEKNOC

I guess we’ll see :slight_smile:

Yes it is. I fell in love with the game when my father had let me play it. The fireball is lovely. The bouncing off the walls and the collecting of coins made it my favorite rendition of the Mario fireball.
My brother had got me hooked on Marvel and DC comics/films.
I would be interested in another area for these types of topics.

I don’t watch movies because of IP anymore. A movie simply using a TNMT or Superman or Star Trek IP doesn’t justify watching it. However Guardians of the Galaxy looks good enough to justify watching it.

I think it was one of the first games I ever had for the GameBoy, in fact probably one of the first games I ever owned! But I won’t go into too much detail and get off topic here!

My guess is that the title is supposed to be some kind of hook, I mean you’re correct, Superman would easily beat Batman one on one any day but I think somehow they just get off on the wrong foot in the beginning and work their way round things I suppose! I don’t know, just thinking off the top of my head here!

Groot and Rocket will surely kick ass xD

I love that they’ve got Vin Diesel on board for Groot.

Can’t wait. I know nothing about the IP, but I’m super excited. I think we’re getting a group of devs together to go watch it this week together.

Between finally having friends who are into comics, getting a brief chance to look around at Comic Con and movies like this, I think I’m going to have to start buying comics to read.

Do it! I got into graphic novels over the past few years… I think the Walking Dead novels blow the show out of the water! Nothing beats a good comic book or book!

It’s funny over in England because the comics we mostly read are The Beano or The Dandy, not like the other comics over in America but still, Bananaman still classes as a superhero in my book! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am groot.

I’m excited for it, it sounds like a good all round popcorn movie.

That makes so much sense! I was wondering why I never got into comics when I was still living there, it’s just like all the cartoons that American kids watched that I didn’t understand. Did you read Asterix and Obelix? I had a ton of those.

For TV I grew up on cricket and nature programs and Blue Peter…the best our four channels had to offer. And yes, I realize I’m dating myself :-\