GPU Overheating - Evolve Stage 2

Greetings to all Evolve players!

I have just came back to the game today and i have noticed that my PC (GPU) keeps overheating even at the minimum settings.

I have checked the system requirements and my PC specs seem to be enough to handle the game… i guess… (According to the Vgassist)

I have 16-GB of Ram

My processor is AMD FX 8350 Eight core processor

My GPU is AMD Radeon TM R9 380 Series

And i have x64 bit OS

My PC isn’t too bad i guess but it was able to handle the game before at the max settings, however right now when i start the game and literally 5 minutes in the game my GPU temperature jumps to 99…

Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?

My drivers are up to date and i have tried changing the settings in-game (Putting from highest to lowest, customizing it with i.e. enabling Vsync but disabling some other stuff etc (Vice versa))

I was really happy that the game is back up because its by far hands down one of my favorite games that i have ever played and i’m looking forward to still play it. However i don’t want to burn my GPU

Any form of help / suggestions is highly appreciated!

Thank you for your time whoever reads this.

How clean is the insides of your computer?

Its pretty clean (or… well… its clean as it should be i guess), i keep the 1 side open at all time to prevent overheating ironically… and it makes it easier for me to get rid of the dust from the components.

Is this only happening with Evolve?

That is correct, unless i try to run a different game at high / max settings which my specs aren’t capable of handling.

However, at Evolve stage 2, the temperature goes to 99 even at the minimal (worst) settings that there can be.

Given that the S2 servers will be shutting down in a few months, this won’t be much of an issue for long.

However, check out this topic for a list of self help fixes. It may or may not help, but it’s worth a shot and gives you a starting point.

S2 servers will be shutting down?

You mean, we wont be able to play the game anymore?

What about legacy Evolve?

I mean, i like the concept of the game overall its sad to hear that S2 is gonna be down.

Yes, here’s the topic

You have about 3 months. Legacy will be available for P2P only.

Hmm. But if your GPU has ducts with heat sinks inside them, have you tried blasting those out with compressed air?