Game of Thrones - General Discussion [Spoilers Inside]

I’ll pick my one favorite after I finish these last two episodes and before Sunday!

Hound will probably die if he does end up being in the party with Jon Snow that’s tasked with getting proof of a white walker. Assuming that’s an actual part of the plot and not just a rumor.
Looks like there’s 12 in the party, I’m guessing just about all of them will die. Even Tormund and Ghost, which would make me sad.

I’m watching the Battle of the Bastards right now. I hope Ramsay wins.

Yeah, I mean I’m sort of resigned to the fact that everyone I like dies, and everyone I don’t like lives.

You… I…

Wat.

I somehow forgot about GoT (I know, unforgivable) but now I’m happy it’s only 2 days away for the new season which means I haven’t been over-hyped and tired out from the long wait

Less than 48 hours until the new season. I’m ready.

One of the main reasons on why I love Dany is because of the journey she took to achieve her goals. She started off as a shy girl with low self-esteem who was mentally and physically abused by her own brother and then she was sold off like a piece of meat to Kal Drogo, she was a slave. At the moment she had two choices, accept the current reality, just go with the flow or stand up for herself and make the best out of the situation she was in, and she choose the latter.

Slowly, she started to realize that she had more power and potencial than she ever imagined and because of that, she started conquering slave cities and freeing the slaves, because she could. And that’s the thing, she wants to the right thing, she doesn’t want anybody to go through slavery anymore, she wants to eradicate the horrible culture dominating these cities, like she said to the Greyjoys: “We’re going to leave the world better than we found it.”

With that ideology, she wants to change Wasteros, she knows how horrible things have been in there, specially how terrible the lords of Westeros have treated the common folks and how the power has corrupted the goverment in King’s Landing, something that even Robert Baratheon noticed. All the time she speaks about taking the throne and how it belongs to her and sure, that can be annoying, but people forget that she just doesn’t want to sit on it and enjoy the life of a Queen just because, no, she actually wants to completely change how the system works and make the system better for everyone and not just for the ones at the top.

And if she is Queen, she will break that wheel since she can’t have a child and thus, I think she will create a system where the throne is earned and not handed down to your children, but that’s just my speculation, I just wanted to point out that Daenerys wants to change the world for the good. So yes, just like Jorah advised her to, she needs to show strength to her people and that’s why she needs to let people know that she is the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms. From time and time again she gets underestimated, insulted and mocked and yet, she proves them wrong, they tell her you can’t do this and that, because things are like this and that and she ends up doing the imposible.

Of course, I have failed to mentioned her biggest flaws, like her hunger for power, her being a poor ruler and her idea of what “justice” is, although she is slowly learning and the most valuable thing that she has learned from Meeren is that she needs to listen to her counselors, even Tywin said to Tommen that in order to be a good king, you need to listen to your counselors.

In the end, people like Varys and Tyrion said they believe in her and Dany will face many challenges in this coming season and most of those challenges will be overcoming her weaknesses. The point that I wanted to make with this wall of text is that Daenerys is also a complex character, just like the rest of the characters in GOT and I think it’s unfair when people only focus on her flaws and not her strengths. But that’s understandable, she’s the only character who after a lot of struggle, gets a victory at the end, unlike other characters who put a lot of effort into things and end up even worse and I can see how that feels unfair.

So yeah, while others see lines like “I was born to rule the seven kingdoms and I will” as annoying and childish ( And I can understand why a person would see it like that), I see it as badass. Plus, out of all the characters, I feel more related to her and her story.

Oh you sweet summer child…

Intentions are all well and fine, I was stoked when she freed Astapor and Yunkai then took over Meereen. But the first two are in worse shape than they were when she started and she hasn’t done anything to fix it. Now she can either ditch the mess she made in Esteros and return to Westeros or fix her mistakes and probably give up her chance as queen of the seven kingdoms.

I like Dany for her character and story arc, but I don’t think she’s any better than the others. She has good intentions but no follow through which can be just as bad as horrible intentions and the will to do what it takes to make them happen (Cercei).

I think the best descriptions of Dany come from Daario Naharis

“You weren’t made to sit on a chair in a palace… You’re a conqueror, Daenerys Stormborn”

GRRM seems to hate conquerors, as each one falls victim to treachery of some kind, or arrogance. Another reason I’m sure she won’t make it to the series finale.

@TheMountainThatRoars Doesn’t Ramsay Bolton say that line in the show? Right before the Red Wedding?

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this here before, but has anyone read about "fire wights?"
Apparently Jon Snow and Beric are the only ones known so far, they’re reanimated corpses that are animated by fire instead of ice.

It certainly explains how Beric can light his sword on fire at will from what I’ve seen in the trailer.

Also, I hope Arya uses Walder Frey’s face to poison off the rest of his house. His quick death wasn’t satisfying enough for me last season.

Who do you think will get killed off this season?

• Tyrion Lannister
  • Jon Snow
  • Daenerys Targaryen
  • Cersei Lannister
  • Sansa Stark
  • Arya Stark
  • Jaime Lannister
  • Theon Greyjoy
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Jorah Mormont
  • Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Davos Seaworth
  • Bran Stark
  • Lord Varys
  • Sandor “The Hound” Clegane
  • Melisandre
  • Bronn
  • Gilly
  • Tormund Giantsbane

0 voters

They all didn’t fit…

• Podrick Payne
  • Olenna Tyrell
  • Grey Worm
  • Gendry
  • Yara Greyjoy
  • Meera Reed
  • Qyburn
  • Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane
  • Ellaria Sand
  • Thoros of Myr
  • Septa Unella
  • Benjen Stark
  • Beric Dondarrion

0 voters

Dutch article with the zbrush artist that sculpts the dragons

He is continuously looking for a balance between his own and HBO’s ideas, sometimes causing friction, and then he gives this quote:

That also happened this year. And I can’t spoil too much, but I can say that something very absurd happens to one specific dragon. I even told them it would never work, nor be realistic. That’s why I tried something different and then sent them that. Luckily they were very happy with that.

Isn’t Unella already dead?

I added her since she isn’t dead as of last season, she was just given to The Mountain.

Yup, but grrm said it first.

Ahhh, gotcha!

Die? Today?