Game is broken with random pubs, its not fun without premade!

Hello Guys,

So we (two people) dont win in pubs anymore, there are so a lot of people who doesnt know how to play this game. I drop from Silver to Bronze now. Hunt 2.0 is nice for competive but for a player like me its not fun anymore. Everytime I get matchmaked with the worst players on earth and then we have to play against silver monsters.

Before Hunt 2.0 there were people who know how to play but now its just frusttrating. When we are four people its balanced and fun but not all people have time to play the whole day Evolve, some people have to work and just want play a little bit public games but this is not possible anymore.

A game should be also fun even when you are not in premade!

To PC players: How you add friends? Yesterday I was in a nice round with nice people so I wanted to add them to my friend list I entered the names into steams input field for friend searching. I found like 100 players in the results. I had no idea who he was in the results so I didnt add him. How you guys deal with such situations? On console its just click on the name and add :frowning:

6 Likes

I feel as though the ultimate outcome and answer is to just play with premade teams. If that team isn’t on then play some monster on arena. :smiley:

1 Like

You don’t have to be a dick about it. The guy is just expressing how he feels about Ranked and to me he doesn’t seem to be breaking any rules or flaming anyone.

If Evolve had a larger playerbase then we could of had Normal and Ranked queues which Normal queue would of catered to the OP and others who don’t care for the more competitive side, but unfortunately it’s not possible at least for PC since it can’t support it without fracturing the players even further.

2 Likes

Yes I learned. This time just wrote my opinion. No flaming, no goodbay saying or something else. When this time this thread gets closed I think its censorship. But lets wait and discuss why public games are so broken at the moment.

Yes I agree! The playerbase is the problem but only play with premade is not a solution.

I wasn’t attempting to be a jerk about it, you made a post about this only a few hours ago.

The main problem I cant understand is: Evolve should only played in premade how the people in these forum says but why then we have so less options to connect us or make friends? Sometime its not possible to find people in steam. Here my question again:

How you add friends? Yesterday I was in a nice round with nice people so I wanted to add them to my friend list I entered the names into steams input field for friend searching. I found like 100 players in the results. I had no idea who he was in the results so I didnt add him. How you guys deal with such situations? On console its just click on the name and add

Yes but I learned I was too agressive or something in the last thread. So this thread ist the soft version where people like me can discuss about this.

I apologize, please ignore what I just said, I completely misunderstood. Really I am sorry :blush:
Thats embarrassing!

1 Like

Don’t worry, your old thread wasn’t “too aggressive”. It’s just that threads where people declare that they “quit” tends to start a lot of flaming, and we want to avoid that.

This thread here is just fine! Maybe you’ll even find members to group up with and go hunt together.

2 Likes

problem is playing against pre-mades is the least fun you can have in this game, which s why there are hardly any monster players around atm

Hopefully they will adjust the matchmaking so that more of te hunters are in silver, then it should find you some better team mates. They are working on it. Agreed solo hunting if you are above bronze is a no no just now

Just look at every profile that matches player names. When you see that he/she has Evolve and played it recently it probably is him/her. Some folks have common nicks and it’s hard to find them. But some have more unique ones.

I totally agree with you .

Many good solo / pub players (including me) are complaining about this same issue : that they get rekt instantly by monster and that they are stuck in bronze and can’t dig out without premade teams .

I, personally like to play solo and I am not shy to say I am pretty good / decent as almost any character . And I love to play with new people every game .

Thats why I really don’t like Evolve now . It is forcing you to find friends and play with them to not be stuck with bad bronze randoms forever and also not to get rekt by monster in 4 minutes. And playing with same people over and over again in premade is not fun for me . I know there are people who like it , but I am not one of them.

And now some good news :slight_smile:

Developers are aware of this issue.
In this thread :

@LadieAuPair replied that “We know” .
Which can only mean one thing, that they are working on it , and we just have to wait for fix . :slight_smile:

So heads up my fellow solo pug brothers, we must wait and stay strong !

#PPMR ProudPugMasterRace

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve given up playing unless some friends want me to play some with them.

1 Like

you ask the person if you can add her in steam for playing evolve together, and when you cannot find her ask her to add you.

This is sadly down to Evolve I believe (or 2k servers), Steam sadly can’t tell the players you play with on it. Best advice I can give is to ask what their profile picture looks like. In a perfect world, you’d ask for their community profile link, but not everyone remembers and/or makes a custom one for themselves.

Before the patch I was longing to stop having stage 1 3 minute Wins. I love fighting premades over randoms. Personally I love the challenge of stressing over the hunters doing good and staying alive, it tests my abilities.

Yeah, I sort of have mixed feelings toward premades. Like, I hate losing; come on, who actually likes to lose? But premades give a challenge and thrill that pub stomping just doesn’t give. While pub stomping can be nice to make you feel like a true Monster, it gets old pretty quickly for me.

The payoff for pulling out a win against a well-coordinated team though, there’s really else quite nothing like it. When the final hunter finally goes down and you can like feel your heart beating in your ears and you’re all like sweaty, so awesome.

Premades also open you up to frustrating, cheesy hunter strategies that can be sort of exploited to just make the game an incredible struggle. So I wouldn’t want to play against them all the time. But it is a nice change of pace from uncoordinated low level slaughter-fests all the time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You EU time or US? Be keen to get some customs going where I can practice against decent teams both as monster and hunter.

For some reason my reply functionality doesn’t show up.