Freddy Kruger out now on PC: Dead By Daylight

Older dbd threads have been archived. So need to open a new one.

Yesterday after data from steamdb showed that the game had been updated, people got super hyped. This week’s steam BHVR confirmed that next chapter will have Freddy as a killer. |

https://dvsgaming.org/dead-by-daylight-weekly-stream-74-new-dlc-details-and-announcements/

Freddy will come with four perks:

Fire Up – This new Killer perk allows for the action speeds to be increased with every generator repaired after the second one is completed. The action speed will increase more with each repaired generator and the speed increase will depend upon the tier of the Perk.

Blood Warden – This new Killer perk causes the Entity to play a part in the capturing and toying with of Survivors. After a Survivor is hooked once one of the gates are opened, the Entity will spawn at the gates when a free Survivor tries to escape, capturing them in the map. The amount of time the Entity stays materialized in front of the gate will depend upon the tier of the Perk.

Remember Me – This new Obsession Killer perk also toys with Survivors trying to escape the match. Remember Me causes a certain number of seconds (depending on the tier of the Perk) to be added to the action speed of opening the gate once all generators are repaired each time the Obsession Survivor is hit. The number of seconds added to the action speed of opening the gate affects every Survivor except for the Obsession.

Survivor perk was also shown:

Pharmacy – This new Survivor perk allows for faster and quieter searching of chests on the map. The key feature about this new perk is that it is guaranteed that you will retrieve a med-kit upon searching your first chest.

Dead By Daylight Main Discussion Thread

So… Dead By Daylight discussion thread doesn’t exist anymore?

And there’s a free weekend on all platforms! Unfortunately only PC players will get to use Leatherface during the free weekend.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Really ? Who is missing from the roster of the killers, iconic wise ? Apart from Jason and Freddy ?

IDK. Jason already has his own game and if Gun Media is able to obtain the rights to Freddy for an FvJ game mode, then he’s taken too.

People have asked for Ghostface, or someone like Candyman.

I would personally love to see Pumkinhead if they were to start looking into B list horror killer/monsters. I love Chucky but I wouldn’t want them to suffer trying to figure out how his size can work into the game.

About to start the free trial on PS4. First playing the game. Any tips on what I should and should not do? Which Killers and Survivors would you guys recommend starting out with?

Did they really need Leatherface when they have The Hillbilly?

They work completely differently. Hillbilly has a sprint when he chainsaws that can virtually go on forever but he can’t steer it, can only hit one target.

Leatherface does not have a sprint, however he can fully steer and freely move while he chainsaws. Also like in the main post gif, he can hit multiple targets in one swing.

So yes they’re different. Its like Myers tier 1 vs Wraith, or Billy chainsaw sprint vs nurses blink. They might be similar in concept but they are very different. Think Parnell vs Abe’s shotgun.

Since console comes with the dlc character, it might be fun starting with Doctor since he has the easiest time finding survivors. Good low level entry, Leatherface also is considered a low level entry billy.

Ah, I see. It just seemed kind of odd to me that they’d have two killers with a chainsaw in their arsenal.

:joy: my four man kill gone.

Bumping for XB1X update. Also no Switch release (I really wanted to take this game on the go, but with no SP it wouldn’t be possible unless you connect to wifi). Freddy Kruger is also rumored to be the next DLC Killer. I actually think that the rumor may be false (even though it seems to true). I’m not entirely sure about the rights battle with Jason, but I think New Line Cinema is about to get the rights to Jason Voorhees, and he already has his own game. What I think will happen is that New Line realizes there is a high demand for more Freddy vs Jason, and they will either tell the DbD devs that they cannot use Freddy (so basically the next Killer would have to be similar to him) or they’ll allow Freddy to be used in both F13 and DbD.

Here’s more info about Freddy possibly being in DbD.

I’ve read a lot about the kruger stuff and the content stuff, I’ve had my doubts but the crap quality of the audio might be because they’re still placeholder for now.

For all we now, the Sandman could be like Billy (very similar to a movie killer).

Also, I just got the game on PS4 yesterday! I’m really excited to play it again!

Live on steam.

He’s chainsaw is different from Hillbilly who charges in a straight line and can only collide once, Leather face cannot charge into a sprint like Hillbilly but he has full movement control and can swing is Chainsaw in a wide attack cone.

AstonishingNeglectedAlaskanmalamute

Reveal article:

Yesterday after data from steamdb showed that the game had been updated, people got super hyped. This week’s steam BHVR confirmed that next chapter will have Freddy as a killer. |

https://dvsgaming.org/dead-by-daylight-weekly-stream-74-new-dlc-details-and-announcements/

Freddy will come with four perks:

Fire Up – This new Killer perk allows for the action speeds to be increased with every generator repaired after the second one is completed. The action speed will increase more with each repaired generator and the speed increase will depend upon the tier of the Perk.

Blood Warden – This new Killer perk causes the Entity to play a part in the capturing and toying with of Survivors. After a Survivor is hooked once one of the gates are opened, the Entity will spawn at the gates when a free Survivor tries to escape, capturing them in the map. The amount of time the Entity stays materialized in front of the gate will depend upon the tier of the Perk.

Remember Me – This new Obsession Killer perk also toys with Survivors trying to escape the match. Remember Me causes a certain number of seconds (depending on the tier of the Perk) to be added to the action speed of opening the gate once all generators are repaired each time the Obsession Survivor is hit. The number of seconds added to the action speed of opening the gate affects every Survivor except for the Obsession.

Survivor perk was also shown:

Pharmacy – This new Survivor perk allows for faster and quieter searching of chests on the map. The key feature about this new perk is that it is guaranteed that you will retrieve a med-kit upon searching your first chest.

Freddy’s perks sound pretty cool.

I’m really curious as to what Freddy’s power will be. Hopefully it stays true to his character, but I don’t see how it could considering that he basically can only kill you in your dreams. Hopefully he doesn’t disappoint me as much as Leatherface did.

One. Two. Freddy’s coming for you.