Fallout 4 tips for beginners xb1

Please give them.

I should emphasize that I’m not a complete fallout newb just new to this game. In new Vegas I loved putting 10 in strength and grabbing the fire axe in the campsite over run by the huge ass misquitos. Killed about anything in 2 hits hahaha.

I’m curious what’s proven most useful to put beggining points into, and if there is anything I should make sure not to miss. Easy exp areas. Just input on what people would do for the optimum start after playing it some =)

Just grabbed a hard copy which is currently installing.

There’s a few tips here (rapt is also new to the series and plays xb1, iirc)

But the main thing id say is to save a lot, so if you die you don’t lose much.
Also, later on all the junk you grab is gonna be very useful for settlements & crafting so you may want to keep it, and just stash it in a workshop
(Or if you’re getting over encumbered and need to throw some of the junk, keep anything that gives you adhesive, since that’s rare and valuablele

Haha actually I have been following that thread too. I should emphasize that I’m not a complete fallout newb just new to this game. In new Vegas I loved putting 10 in strength and grabbing the fire axe in the campsite over run by the huge ass misquitos. Killed about anything in 2 hits hahaha.

I’m curious what’s proven most useful to put beggining points into, and if there is anything I should make sure not to miss. Easy exp areas. Just input on what people would do for the optimum start after playing it some =)

Edit: thanks for the workshop tip! Forgot to bring that up =P

Don’t get radiation it shreks your health

I generally go for the intelligence build in games like this, and it’s worked out well in this one, particularly with crafting although it was difficult early on.
As for easy exp, the minutemen missions are good exp and generally just involve clearing out ghouls/raiders/super mutants from a building

So Ive played for a couple of hours now, looting sancuatry and whatnot, and I noticed the option to build fences, gates, ladders, doors, and whatnot.

Does this mean we need/get to make defensible base from some kind of attack? Already did for kicks and jerks.

That and I loved that I could go super simplified logger status and clear trees and branches.

Yeah, intelligence is what you want if you wana feel like Tony Stark, running around in power armor with your custom weapons just destroying everything from a distance. :smile:
Intelligence helps you level fast as well. And if you play on Survival difficulty, you’ll get used to the combat faster. Get behind cover while you reload, try and only use VATS when you have to, so your aiming gets superb and if you need to make a shot, you have VATS. but don’t rely heavily on it. It misses a lot of you don’t get lots of Perception.
Your settlements are fun to build, and make you lots of money and resources if you get the Local Leader Charisma perk. :smile:

Playing on Survival difficulty also means you’ll encounter more legendary enemies, who drop legendary weapons and armor. :smile:

Switch to survival difficulty. Will do lol. I just hate having to do upkeep on food drink and sleep. My biggest pet peeve.

You have the option of building settlements, and they can get attacked (if you’re producing water, power or food(?), so you will need to build defences to defend them.

You want a higher defence number than your production number, so this means either building turrets and whatnot, or cutting back production to a minimum level (food/water equal number of settlers), a thing I did in a few of the towns I got given by doing minutemen quests was to build a guard tower and assign one of the (generally) two workers to it, which cut my food production by half, so I needed to build less defence.

Because of the resources needed to build defences, I’d only start making one town larger (using the recruitment beacon) at the start, and if you have the required perk, using that to establish supply lines to the other smaller settlements, just don’t make too many supply lines from one town, as this will deplete it’s numbers. That way you can build defences at the smaller settlements more easily without having to do a bunch of fast traveling back and forth to get the components.
This is also why I grabbed every piece of junk I saw, so I could keep my settlements safe/expand them gradually.

As for expanding settlements, I’d wait until you can build adequate defences at the new location, before building a recruitment beacon. And you’ll probably want to build a store(s) at big settlements, to make a bit of caps over time

If you’re not too worried about making things a bit easier and more accessible to you early on there are a few glitches on YouTube that do different things.

Early access to the Cryolator Gun in Vault 111. (Did this just before getting Master Lockpicking, still haven’t used the gun.)

Super fast (almost instant) leveling for your SPECIAL stats. (Did this because I will still have about 200 levels of upgrading in other Perk areas and if you’re going Survival Difficulty this will give you some hope of some of the fights being possible so I highly recommend this but it’s a glitch and it’s up to you)

Pretty much buy anything and everything from all Vendors. (Seriously some of the items are near impossible to get your hands on until at least 100ish hours into the game and that’s if you’re doing well on getting money and that’s for one item. I did this Glitch and it’s given me piece of mind when scavenging. No need to go “DAMN IT! Too much crap! Gotta drop some crap!” then you lighten the load then you find something you REALLY want so then you make some more room. Gets annoying for me anyway. Now it’s just grab the lttile things I need and continue. Again it’s up to you if you do this.)

I know it’s terrible to suggest glitches as “tips” but in my case I already knew I’d do well without them and that I’d get the stuff eventually but short game-time periods and huge list of other games to play kinda promote “speedy” play through. Granted it’s still taking me ages to do stuff so I’m certainly not suffering any sort of “lack of content” from a little glitching. Made it more enjoyable really.

Anyway, hope your wandering in the wastes goes well OP. And be wary of Giants.

When you first get to your settlements, go around scrapping all the random debris. You’ll get tons of materials you can use to upgrade the settlement, and mod weapons. :smile:

I just started playing, but I had to quit. I made it all the way to some abandoned gas-station… and then, a dog attacked me!
Luckily…some mole-rats came out of the ground and helped me by attacking the dog, but in the end, the dog savaged the little mole rats.
I tried to flee before he caught me, but he just chases me, and chases me, and chases me.
I ran for about 30 to 45 minutes, I give up, this game is too hard.

Don’t shoot the dog when you get there!!! He’s supposed to be your friend!!! That’s why he’s so strong. D:

Run up to the dog and talk to him, don’t shoot him. :stuck_out_tongue:
You can get him to do tricks, help you fight, look for enemies and pick up objects. :smile:

Max settlement population = 10+ your Charisma Special.

So you will never need more then 21 beds, 21 food, or 21 water per settlement. (Possible to have 10CHR then get the CHR bobblehead. = 11CHR) Unless you want to establish trade routes and dedicate a settlement to growing water/food so the others will not have to.

When you visit your home after the bombs go off, pick up a comic book in your kitchen and the SPECIAL book in your baby’s room. It will give you a Special Point. Also, look around the homes there, one has a cellar on the outside with some starting gear.

Carry several weapons that use different ammo types.

Put at least one point into Scrounger, you will come to appreciate ammo more then caps. I rarely use merchants other then to sell stuff or buy a specific ammo type I may be low on.

Figure out what types of weapons you want to specialize in for your perks. Pistols/Automatics/Rifles-Shotguns/Big Guns.Technically there is no level cap, but I suggest picking 2 types and sticking with them with most of the game.

Putting points into lockpicking and hacking early on will yield some nice rewards.

Put a point into Lady Killer & Threaten if you want to talk your way out of most situations.

Use quick save in the middle of talking to people for speech checks if you want to keep trying until you succeed.

The more intelligence you have, the more Experience points you get for everything.

Research companions before you start the game and figure out which companion perk best suits your playstyle. Some are only available with optional side quests, so doing the main missions means you may never find them.

I believe he was joking :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue:
Oh hahahaha

Solid tips.I need to remember the quick save to retry persuasions

:joy: