Fallout 4 DLC revealed

(NOTE, I did not make any of the following paragraphs, all are from Bethesda’s website.)

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $14.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $6.95 AUD
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $29.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you
to play more!

(end of copy pasting)

so what do guys think of the new DLC? i’m pretty impressed and hyped, my favorite is the automatron pack!

EDIT: found Far Harbor and Automatrons cover pictures, still trying to find WW’s!

EDIT no. 2

found a combination of all of the DLC covers.

I was kinda let down by Fallout 4 tbh. I mean, the base building had potential but good lord does it need many improvements including a top down view and the ability to tag people’s professions better. I just felt that it was Fallout 3 with a different story and map with some of the more popular mods such as weapon customization and vehicles. :frowning:

but what of the DLC? what do you think of that?

Omg… robot companions?? I’m going to buy that as soon as possible!! :smile:

I’m excited I don’t know how people who liked fallout 3 dislike 4. Yeah the minutemen are awful and annoying and I too ignore them, but 4 is just like 3 with a playable game underneath

If I didn’t like the base game I’m not getting the DLC 9 times out of 10. The building of robots seems alright but again I think it’s because everyone love Liberty Prime so much in 3 that they are trying to recapture it. Far Harbor just sounds like the glowing sea but with more humans and life in general.

and you can customize them! it’s like somebody gave you a box of chocolates, but that box of chocolates was actually parts to build a death machine!

also, did you read all the text?

you can make Markov bot! hopefully there’s a Russian voice box!

Oh I missed that!!! Plus you can change their voice! Who knows, maybe they have a Russian one! :bucket_cute:

I can see now why the creation kit isn’t out yet. If that was out already, modders would’ve made the first 2 DLC already obsolete.

I changed the category just to match it more if that’s okay. Sorry one of those ocd moments ;_;

You really aren’t alone on that. I love the game, but I sort of expected more from it, I still love playing it for what it is though. As for the the settlement building, the last update made some things a bit easier, and in workshop more you can now see what each settler has as a job.

As for the DLCs Automatron will be pretty cool as it has a small quest line and building robots! I really just want to make a Sentry Bot or Assaultron like robot at each of my settlements as another form of security. Wasteland Workshop is eh, sure I will try to capture a deathclaw and tame it , and some of the settlement items could be cool, but it’s nothing I will use much. Far Harbor is going to be the best of the 3 by far. Biggest land mass they have ever created? That is impressive considering the scope of Solstheim in Skyrim and The Shivering Isles in Oblivion.

Still no word on the return of the Ammo Press we saw in FO3s The Pitt.

Yes!!! Me too!!! :smiley:

I’m personally happy that they’ve committed to a DLC pack each month for the next three months. I also enjoy the variety of it – the first could be on the level of Dawnguard/Knights of the Nine possibly, if a quest line is involved, so a mini story DLC; Wasteland Workshop sounds like a better Hearthfire, and the basebuilding is more competent than it ever was in Skyrim, so that’s cool; and Far Harbor is their traditional full size expansion, that’s awesome, I’m excited to hear it’s the largest, but I hope it doesn’t end up being what Dragonborn was in the sense that it revamped the island from Morrowind’s Bloodmoon expansion (I don’t want Far Harbor to be Point Lookout 2.0).

I am also very happy with their approach to the pricing structure. I know that to some – and there’s likely a kernel of truth in it – see it as a way to get quick cash right now. But I appreciate the notion that they are keeping the price at $30 until a certain date, then increasing it – especially now that some of the more concrete details about DLC have been released. Some other games could have used this sort of clarity when it came to their expensive-ass DLC packs (ahem, Battlefront).

While I do hope the remaining ones are more ambitious than these three, I appreciate A.) The variety, B.) The approach, and C.) The commitment to some free additions, like Survival Mode.

The discussion of Fallout 4 as a game in general I think belongs in another thread/topic, so I won’t get into that. But those are my thoughts so far on the DLC. I think it says a lot that I’ve already put 100+ hours into vanilla Fallout 4 (and still have more to explore), compared to my first Fallout 3 GOTY run which clocked in at just under 70 hours (to be fair, I didn’t explore every nook and cranny).

The comparison to the Skyrim DLC seems pretty accurate so far in terms of scope. As for Far Harbor, it does sound a lot like Point Lookout, just a lot more dangerous, but we will have to wait until May to play that one. Though it does still sound like a very exciting DLC.
A lot of the price thing comes from that Bethesda really didn’t know what there would be for DLC at the time of the season pass, which is a nice change from so many games that have the DLC in the base game from day one and just locked. The grace period is nice, but in a way it does seem sort of unfair to those who can’t afford it right now.
As for remaining content there is roughly $20 worth still unknown. So we could either see another big expansion or a couple smaller ones. Then the free update content and such is cool but I don’t think it will overly amount to much, certainly not Projekt Red level of free content, but it is nice. Then, soon enough even console users will be able to access the game mods, so that will also add some stuff to the game.

I’m not the only one imagining leading an army of robots and deathclaws to conquer the Commonwealth right?

or best yet, combining them and making robot deathclaws!

Yeah, I’m hoping they strike a good balance between Skyrim and Fallout 3. Skyrim had too little DLC add on content for my tastes, and Fallout 3 just lacked some variety in its DLC (though I did appreciate each had a story element to it). While I enjoyed Dragonborn overall (closest thing to an epic boss fight I’ve experienced in their games!) I can’t say I wasn’t immensely disappointed to know the only true expansion to the game was a retread of Bloodmoon from Morrowind. Compared to the DLC defining caliber of Oblivion’s Shivering Isles, it just felt way too safe/easy. Right now, with the specific use of words like “feral” and “locals” in the Far Harbor description, it sounds dangerously close to Point Lookout’s concept. But, of course, I will still buy it and play it happily.

As for the price topic, it is definitely a situation I could see being viewed negatively by those that don’t have the funds at the moment. Though then the question becomes, why wasn’t it purchased earlier, and why not just buy it piecemeal for these next three (as you’d only be saving ten dollars otherwise)? Still, I can understand some negativity, but I think BGS deserves some significant brownie points for this approach. They clearly outlined what these three upcoming pieces are while giving the promise that the full breadth of content will be upwards of $60 worth of material. Instead of immediately jacking the price, or creating a separate season pass for the next set of content, they’re allowing those who got in early to keep their privilege while also letting others jump on board. It’s just an awfully generous approach to extra content from a for-profit company compared to that of Battlefront or Arkham Knight.

The biggest question is definitely what comes next. While I greatly appreciate the variety of this upcoming set, I can’t say I wouldn’t be slightly disheartened to see the rest fall short of full story piece DLCs such as those seen in Fallout 3. I imagine the chances of another whole landmass is slim, but just some environments with quest lines within them such as The Pitt and Zeta would be enjoyable, I feel. Though, in absolute fairness, I find it rather hard to knock almost anything they’d do, as I (and I imagine most people) have already far surpassed a value to enjoyment ratio with this game. $60 for more than a 100 hours of content already? It’s hard to feel justified to any complaints (though I did technically spend $130… Pip-Boy edition, baby).

I can’t speak to TW3’s free DLC quality, as I haven’t touched the game. But I believe the adage “free is free” is appropriate here. I will gladly take whatever additions BGS adds for free. I admit I am particularly excited for that Survival Mode.