Face Your Fears is LIVE

gearvr
faceyourfears

Hello Everyone!

The first GearVR experience from Turtle Rock Studios is now live and FREE in the Oculus store: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/1168200286607832/

Face Your Fears is an experience that exposes you to terrifying scenes based on common fears and phobias. In Skyscraper, a player stands on the ledge of a skyscraper in the middle of a big city. When looking down, a giant robot is climbing up towards the player. In the Haunting, players experience the fear and excitement of being a little kid in bed in a room where things are not what they seem. What starts with a creaking house and distant thunder, crescendos into frightening moments that build up based on where the player is looking (or not looking).

If you aren’t familiar with GearVR, it’s the VR headset that is compatible with the following mobile devices:

• Samsung Galaxy S7.
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
  • Samsung Galaxy S6.
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

You can buy a set for $49 here:

Or there is the latest version of the headset that is $99 here:

*I recommend this one for anyone who wanted to do Face Your Fears as the inside ring and design is darker and creates a better feeling of immersion.

This game died off again for the same reason as before, where was the fun?
What now TRS?

Now… if only i had an Oculus Rift… :frowning:

I know what I’ll be saving for after my student loans are done. :smile: I’m glad to see the VR taking off so soon!

It actually doesn’t work on the Oculus Rift. It’s the Gear VR which works with Samsung phones. The headset itself is actually pretty cheap, so if you already have one of the Samsung phones, it’s easy to get into.

LG phone :frowning:
LG G3 and an LG G5… :frowning:

Edit: I’m gonna see if i can somehow rig my phone to play some VR huehuehuehue

I would check this out, but I’m not in any particular rush to invest in VR, at all right now. XD

Though, if it does end up coming to any other VR devices, lt me know, as I do intend to get the PSVR at some point, as I don’t plan on buying myself a custom rig for a while yet.

Now, I’m not only bummed about Evolve, but about the Note 7 I was gonna buy before the explosion recall. :cry:

Holy Crap, I have a Galaxy 6 Edge. I had no idea the Headset was that cheap.

So is this the next major project or is this a smaller thing and then there is a major project that doesn’t involve VR?

I updated the OP with the compatible phones for GearVR as well as links to Amazon for the headsets if anyone is interested and wants to get a taste of VR but can’t afford the more expensive Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.

These projects from TRS though are only for the GearVR.

This was a good plan, giving some links, the whole VR space is utterly confusing right now.

Edit: My brother in law has a GearVR so I will prod at him to download this so I can have a go at the next family gathering :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s free! So you shouldn’t have any troubles getting him to try it out.

SIDE NOTE
I tried them all last week for the first time and they are really cool, make sure you have your headphones turned up because the audio is fantastic!

IM on this like now… BRB

Wait are those not the ones that explode? And you want me to wear it on my face? I don’t know guys…

I don’t keep up with those things personally since I’m an iPhone gal myself, but I think it’s the Galaxy Note 7 that is being recalled.

The Note 7 is the only Samsung phone that has been recalled for the explodorising.

Yes it is.

Shame… I only have a Galaxy S5.

ok… I just happen to be sitting in my bed… chose ghost…

at first im like ok… then it builds… and builds.

made me curse it did…
good job so far!

Ghost is my favorite in Haunting

Me too. :cry:

I have a friend with a Gear VR headset so I might see if I can give it a go using his. It looks amazing from what we’ve seen so I’m excited. :smile: