Evolving from a Stage 2 Player to a Legacy Player- a Guide

How large is legacy evolve? I got a key recently and I have 58 GB free but I can’t install even stage 2, which the steam store says is 25 GB. (edit: it says that it’s 61.4 GB. I’m going to have to uninstall a few games)

Short version…

Legacy Evolve is Dark Souls and Stage 2 is Skyrim.

Prepare to “Git Gud” or die a lot…

Can confirm this to be true ^

Honestly, and I’ve said this before a few times, had Stage 2 been released first as the “Tutorial Game” and Legacy released as the “Hardcore” version of the game it might have come out differently in terms of popularity.

How well that would have worked out balance wise and resources and blah blah blah I dunno really, but you have to admit… given the current scenario, it might not have been a bad idea.

@AwesomeJosh, Legacy evolve needs approximately 41,2 Gb disk space. However, steam will highly likely keep both versions until downloading and unpacking is complete. That`s why you will need about 62 Gb free disk space. After downloading and unpacking, only legacy (41, 2 GB) remains, about 20 Gb will be free again.

Remember this important rule in Evolve Legacy…

Thanks for the reply, sorry I’m late with mine. I downloaded Legacy, and it’s actually pretty fun. The evacuation game mode is incredibly fun. I just have one question, for anyone that can answer: will profile and character leveling (weapon bonuses, elite skins) still be available after the dedicated servers are killed?

Yes, the servers work only for the Stage 2 version of the game. Legacy works by peer-to-peer connection unlike Stage 2, so the data is stocked in the computer instead of servers.

That’s good. Thanks!

As an aside, I just found your DA while searching for Evolve models XD

My DA? What does it stand for? Just asking.

Deviant Art

Ah, I see.
Welp…I only used it to post my stuff from the TRS forums, but I don’t use it anymore because no one look into it. The main reason however was because I saw someone posting stuff with models from Evolve that are not on SFM Lab and in the Steam Workshop and I wanted to ask him if he could import them to SFM.

it’s kinda funny now that I’ve been on the forums, because I see you guys everywhere

That can happen, in a good way.
Anyway, I’ll play Legacy once Stage 2 won’t be playable anymore.

Just small additional explanation about profile, I figured it out quite recently. Levelling and bonuses in legacay and in stge 2 are separate. Legacy have 2 copies of profile, both are in single folder: one for single player and one for servers. Local copy will remain, if keep it like any other single player game saves. The path is: steam-user data - user id - 273350. You should make backup of this files after levelling. If steam files corrupt or there is a need in windows reinstall, this files shall work. Also steam cloud is available for this game.

I will be reinstalling good ol’ Legacy after Stage 2 is gone.